By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls III Review Thread - Meta: 90

Wright said:

I hope for the meta to stay above 90. But at the same time, I think that some reviewer's serie fatigue and annoyance here and there will push it below that number. 

I think it will. Souls games tend to be reviewed in an echo chamber. When you need a review you have to roll out the resident souls fan to play it because its difficulty is not for everyone. 

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
Hmm, 90 is definitely a bit lower than I expected.

I feel that the one thing that's will stop this getting 90+ is that it probably feels a bit to familiar to the other games, which in my opinion is no problem but I feel critics will feel the need to lower their score slightly.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Should of done a prediction, oh well.

I predicted a 91. Still possible when the rest of the reviews arrives!

Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 - only for real Gamer = )

Awesome Meta.

Around the Network

collectors edition available again
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0191J0SE8/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Great so Dark Souls 2 remains the best in the franchise then

Does anybody know if the Prima guide is complete? I bought the Xenoblade Chronicles X guide, from Prima, and it was missing massive amounts of information. Future Press handled Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 guides. I'm seriously disappointed to see that Prima has taken on the guide writing duties.

As far as the metacritic score goes... Of course it has a 90. The Souls series is the best thing to come out of Japan in over a decade.

ktay95 said:
Great so Dark Souls 2 remains the best in the franchise then

Though to be fair with Dark Souls 2, it's the most accessible game of all the franchise, windmill aside.

Another masterpiece, brilliant. The anticipation is palpable.