By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls III Review Thread - Meta: 90

I'm about almost half way and I think it's better and more difficult than Bloodborne. Still not sure if i'll rate it higher than DeS, DS1, or DS2 though. Too early for that.

Around the Network

Anyone mentioned Edge gave it a 9?

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

Edge magazine usually gives everything a terrible score. Every single game that gets a 90 metacritic score gets a 62-77 from Edge. 

9 from edge is a ten

Cerebralbore101 said:
The Fury said:

Edge magazine usually gives everything a terrible score. Every single game that gets a 90 metacritic score gets a 62-77 from Edge. 

I know and rightly so. As per craig above, a 9 is a 10 anywhere else. Although they have given out 10s more often recently but the idea of a 10 is it's meant to be perfect, no faults and rarely is that truely the case.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I know and rightly so. As per craig above, a 9 is a 10 anywhere else. Although they have given out 10s more often recently but the idea of a 10 is it's meant to be perfect, no faults and rarely is that truely the case.

Edge doesn't have higher standards than other critics. They've given Skyward Sword, Bayonetta, and Little Big Planet perfect scores. None of those games deserve a ten. They've also given Fallout 3, Metroid Prime 3, and God of War II a 70. Edge is just a bad site that hands out low scores left and right. For some reason metacritic weights the reviews from Edge heavily. In the long run, this means that if Edge reviews a game it will usually drop a point or two on the metascore. 

Cerebralbore101 said:

Edge doesn't have higher standards than other critics. They've given Skyward Sword, Bayonetta, and Little Big Planet perfect scores. None of those games deserve a ten. They've also given Fallout 3, Metroid Prime 3, and God of War II a 70. Edge is just a bad site that hands out low scores left and right. For some reason metacritic weights the reviews from Edge heavily. In the long run, this means that if Edge reviews a game it will usually drop a point or two on the metascore. 

It's not a website, it's a magazine in the UK with close ties to the industry in the UK.

And so? Metacritic means nothing, it's stupid. It's just a review, an opinion. No doubt we all have opinions on games, you seem to like Fallout 3, they might not have as much as you. I think Halo series is crap, Edge gave Halo 3 a 10.

Hmm, pie.

Man, Loving this game so far. Love seeing the 9+ scores on it. Rightly deserved.

I'm not far yet, but I like how they made it feel closer to Bloodborne - my favorite game from FromSoft thus far.

Only three bosses in andI'd give it a solid 9. We'll see the games depth reveal itself in time, might go up, might go down. we shall see, but for now 9 is where it shall stay.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

The Fury said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

It's not a website, it's a magazine in the UK with close ties to the industry in the UK.

And so? Metacritic means nothing, it's stupid. It's just a review, an opinion. No doubt we all have opinions on games, you seem to like Fallout 3, they might not have as much as you. I think Halo series is crap, Edge gave Halo 3 a 10.

I think metacritic is a good way to find good games you wouldn't otherwise have played. It is just an opinion, but I'd rather have the opinion of multiple people, than one person's opinion. But yeah, Edge can do whatever they want. It's not that big of a deal. 

There needs to be an independent body set up to classify a license upon reviewers. Like the BBB but not a scam and actually independent. Polygon is a disgrace.