By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many First-Party-Wii U-Games do you expect in 2017?

How many First Party wii U Games will we see in 2017

8 76 58.91%

9 2 1.55%

10 10 7.75%

11 2 1.55%

12 3 2.33%

13 1 0.78%

14 0 0%

15 1 0.78%

16 1 0.78%

17 or more 33 25.58%

Total:129

Main Prediction

I'm of the opinion that the NX will be a 2017 launch, which at earliest will be releazsed during the summer in one or more regions. Based on this, I'm thinking there will be roughly 3 Nintendo-published games for the Wii U in 2017, not counting things like "2016 in Japan and 2017 elsewhere." In 2012, the Wii had Mario Party 9, Kirby Dream Collection, and Project Zero 2 Wii, and a couple of Japan-only titles. In 2006, the GameCube had Baten Kaitos, Odama, and Twilight Princess. That's three-ish and three games respectively. Furthermore, I think that a few games are likely to be released late in the Wii U lifecycle but before the NX. Mario Party 11, Pikmin 4, a Pokemon spinoff from Creatures, some remake/compilation (perhaps for an anniversary), and a Zelda spinoff made using Zelda U assets (ala Crossbow Training) all seem entirely possible.

Alternatively, no games if the NX is released in 2016.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

The Wii U might see a few 1st party releases on the eShop (ie. Mother 3, etc...) in 2017 but I highly doubt that there will be any full first party retail releases after Zelda U releases during Christmas 2015.

Between 0 and 3
Nintendo has stop all new development of WiiU games since the beginning of 2015.

And whatever you may think, like the stupid idea that Nintendo announced its games at the last minute, is wrong.
Most of them are announced a year to 3 years before release.
Do the fact that Nintendo has nothing planned besides Zelda for the end of the year, and shown no plans for 2017, is a really clear sign that the console will be dead.

The console is already limping this year and the support from Nintendo has clearly been reduced

Less than 4.

If we're talking about retail games... then 0.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Maybe some indie or VC game on the eshop, but retail games? Zero. Why waste time now on the WiiU with the NX coming?

nada

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

I dont see it even if NX doesn't come in 2016. (but all points its coming in 2016), because why they would spend such a huge unanounced project on Wii U when they can have it for completely new platform that will needed much more.

Because NX will get its own Metroid.

Yes, NX will have own Metroid, but Wii U will not have Metroid Prime game, that is pretty obvious at this point. Zelda U most likly is last bigger Wii U game. We will know for sure in near future (at E3 latest), IMO at E3 Metroid Prime will be announced for NX.

Less than every poll options ...

Nintendo should just remake every good selling game on the Wii to the Wii U Next Year!

Pocky Lover Boy!