By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many First-Party-Wii U-Games do you expect in 2017?

How many First Party wii U Games will we see in 2017

8 76 58.91%

9 2 1.55%

10 10 7.75%

11 2 1.55%

12 3 2.33%

13 1 0.78%

14 0 0%

15 1 0.78%

16 1 0.78%

17 or more 33 25.58%

Total:129
Cobretti2 said:
bigtakilla said:

To maintain the current audience you have by giving them something they want. 

Metroid will sell a new system to that audience.   The Wii U is dead, people need to realise it and accept best thing for Nintendo is to have a strong NX launch, or face another Wii U situation.

Yet again (like other situations) Metroid isn't that multi million sellers you HAVE to have on the NX. Invest in other series that bring people to the console on NX (2-3 million I know is technically millions, but I'm talking about blockbuster sales). 

Around the Network

Zero, nothing, nichts, null, nada, niente, rien

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Cobretti2 said:
bigtakilla said:

To maintain the current audience you have by giving them something they want. 

Metroid will sell a new system to that audience.   The Wii U is dead, people need to realise it and accept best thing for Nintendo is to have a strong NX launch, or face another Wii U situation.

WiiU is not dead.. But its not his point.. the point is even if they didn sell any WiiU's.. it would still be "cool" to give the ones that did gen one.. some in the fift year.

Also some in this tread said some about how many new games Wii and GC that came after the next system launced.. Did Nintendo also say that time that they would support treese systems more..? (becourse they have said that about WiiU)

BUT when that is said.. I expect that some games to come either as WiiU only or as dual games for NX to.. I dont think it would cost that much to do a WiiU port (of some types of games) It would bring in some money.. keep core fans happy (even if they allready moved on to NX) and same time its "pr".. (whatever you call pr.. when you actylly get money from it..?)

I say 2-5 games.. (and I think non of them will be exclusive.. mayby "timed" but they will show up at NX either as real NX games or VC soon after)

FromDK said:
Cobretti2 said:

WiiU is not dead.. But its not his point.. the point is even if they didn sell any WiiU's.. it would still be "cool" to give the ones that did some in the fift year.

Also some in this tread said some about how many new games Wii and GC that came after the system launced.. Did Nintendo also say that time that they would support treese systems more..? (becourse they have said that about WiiU)

BUT when that is said.. I expect that some games to come either as WiiU only or as dual games for NX to.. I dont think it would cost that much to do a WiiU port (of some types of games) It would bring in some money.. keep core fans happy (even if they allready moved on to NX) and same time its "pr".. (whatever you call pr.. when you actylly get money from it..?)

I say 2-5 games.. (and I think non of them will be exclusive.. mayby "timed" but they will show up at NX either as real NX games or VC soon after)

Exactly. You don't go to a house that collapsed due to the foundation shifting and say fuck it, let's rebuild. Get a solid fifth year out there with the last few games the people who bought the console are dying for (Zelda/Metriod) and I think literally no one would give a shit if they moved on.

TBH! I want it to be as close to as ZEEEEEERRRRR000000000000!!!

So people can buy the NX with me!!!!!! XD AND for Nintendo to quickly dump the Wii U and focus on the NX!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:

First, let's see how many Wii U-First-Party-Games we had per year:

2013: Lego City Undercover, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, New Super Luigi U, The Wonderful 101, Wii Party U, Wind Waker HD, Wii Fit U, Super Mario 3D World, Mario & Sonic Sochi, Wii Sports Club, Pokemon Rumble U, NES Remix.

Total: 13

2014: Tropical Freeze, Dr. Luigi, Mario Kart 8, NES Remix 2, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Smash, Captain Toad.

Total: 8

2015: Kirby, Mario Party 10, Tipping Stars, Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, Art Academy Atelier, Devil's Third, Super Mario Maker, Mario Tennis, amiibo Festival, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Fatal Frame V.

Total: 12

2016: Twilight Princess HD, Pokken, Star Fox Zero, Star Fox Guard, Mini Mario & Friends, Mario & Sonic Rio, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Paper Mario Color Splash, Zelda, and more unannounced.

Total: 9 + x

As we can see, every year had at least 8 First Party Wii U Games. My question is now: How many Wii U First Party Games do you think we will see in 2017?

I expect around 12. We will most likely see the new Retro game, a new Animal Crossing, a new Pikmin, a new game from EPD Tokyo, Project Giant Robot, a new Metroid, a Pokemon game and a few surprises.

LOL at you deciding 8 is the absolute minimum games it will get. Edit your poll and make a better one, give people the freedom to choose, I would like to cast a lower amount, thanks.

zero. Fix your polls plse

If Zelda U will still releases for Wii-U, my count goes up from 0 to 1. Nintendo could sell more NX systems 2016 if the Wii-U version of Zelda gets delayed to 2017.

0-5 though is a random guess

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

1-3 simple stuff.