By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - There won't be an Xbox 1.5, says Phil Spencer

smroadkill15 said:
Good. The idea of an upgrading a console mid-cycle is imo terrible. Wait till the gen is over. If how a game looks is this much of an concern then get a gaming PC.

The  games are pretty amazing, i don't know why people complain so much, if we can run something like Final Fantasy XV, and Star Wars Battlefront, so we are settle for  years, they can release the next generation in 2019-2020.

Around the Network

Oh you devious Phil. Just trying to reinforce the rumors for a ps4.5 while giving it a sly dig at the same time.
Actually it's Techrader reinforcing WSJ reinforcing the Kotaku rumors. Seems to be set in stone now after all the repetitions. They even made a mockup lol.

Phil Spencer is now taking back the rumors he started about upgraded hardware, or at least seems to suggest it will be a while before “We will see more hardware innovation in the console space than we’ve ever seen,” Xbox head Phil Spencer said at a news event in San Francisco March 1, at which remakes of several games with 4K resolution capability—quality four times greater than today’s standard of full high-definition—were announced. “You’ll actually see us come out with new hardware capability during a generation allowing the same games to run backward and forward compatible.”

So ... straight to XBox 2?

Good! Console hardware should never venture into this "upgradable" hardware crap. I expect a slim model, but that's about it.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

SvennoJ said:

Oh you devious Phil. Just trying to reinforce the rumors for a ps4.5 while giving it a sly dig at the same time.
Actually it's Techrader reinforcing WSJ reinforcing the Kotaku rumors. Seems to be set in stone now after all the repetitions. They even made a mockup lol.

Phil Spencer is now taking back the rumors he started about upgraded hardware, or at least seems to suggest it will be a while before “We will see more hardware innovation in the console space than we’ve ever seen,” Xbox head Phil Spencer said at a news event in San Francisco March 1, at which remakes of several games with 4K resolution capability—quality four times greater than today’s standard of full high-definition—were announced. “You’ll actually see us come out with new hardware capability during a generation allowing the same games to run backward and forward compatible.”

Really strange that those rumors and Microsoft's Announcement of upgradable hardware begun in  nearly in the same time, i think that was in the same week, is just someone who saw Microsoft's Announcement, and thought that Playstation, would need the same or something like that, but is like they say "You can spread a Lie Multiple times, but it will still be a Lie", we just have a Rumor that for some reason every Midia is supporting it, and Microsoft's Announcement of Upgradable hardware, have something to do with it.

Around the Network

Confirmed: There won't be another Xbox.

... One.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Well if Sony launches a more powerful console I think MS is going to want a more powerful console as well.

So if MS is saying no upgrade, that tells me they will launch a new console relatively soon that will be even more powerful than PS4.5. If so I would hope its fully BC with X1.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Azuren said:
Confirmed: There won't be another Xbox.

... One.

Xbox 10?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Swordmasterman said:
HoloDust said:
I can see them pulling XBox to X360 with NextBox, so most likely 2018, but I'm not sure how deep they want to go with loosing money at the start if they go for massive jump that early.

Xbox 360, was a good name, but it also made it harder to name its sucessor, Xbox One, i don't think that was a good name, but i hope that they don't name it NextBox, would be the same mistake that Wii U, did.

I Don't think that we will have something like the PS3, and Xbox 360, where Microsoft, have a Huge early advantage over Sony, the Xbox 360, was really a good move, and they need the Perfect Timing, to make it again.

NextBox is just generic term for...well, next Xbox...it was used for One as well (among other names), until they revealed it.

As for PS360 situation - I don't know, this kinda reminds me of PS2/Xbox (though not to that degree) - MS is behind, Sony is getting cocky again, if MS launches earlier (and don't repeat RROD), they might have a much better fighting chance against PS5.

lol conflicting info from MS on Xbox yet again
MS says upgraded Xbox...the Spencer says no
The Spencer says we will invest in first party... MS cancels nearly complete games and closes multiple 1st party studios all in the same day.