By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - There won't be an Xbox 1.5, says Phil Spencer

Ruler said:

So this means the Xbox One will be demolished in graphics comparisons if its 4k vs 900p in every DF video if PS4K still comes out? I hope Sony sticks to their guns, as PC is the main competitor now 

This is 100% correct.

I really do not understand why people are so scared of a PS4.5. It is going to play the same games as a PS4........ Nobody gripes when Apple released an iPhone 6S people with iPhone 6's are just fine.......

Around the Network

This don't mean anything Sony denied the psp slim and ps3 slim.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

What if backward and forward compatible didn't neccessarily mean console?

About studios, except for Lionhead it was all casual Kinect stuff. Kinect is dead, Fable Legends was a dead end. Not saying that closing Lionhead was right, though without knowing what really happened it might have been.
Then again, they still can invest in first party, content as well as studios.

small44 said:
This don't mean anything Sony denied the psp slim and ps3 slim.

Slims are not .5, though.

I mean that will never affirm a rumor

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
Swordmasterman said:

Xbox 360, was a good name, but it also made it harder to name its sucessor, Xbox One, i don't think that was a good name, but i hope that they don't name it NextBox, would be the same mistake that Wii U, did.

I Don't think that we will have something like the PS3, and Xbox 360, where Microsoft, have a Huge early advantage over Sony, the Xbox 360, was really a good move, and they need the Perfect Timing, to make it again.

NextBox is just generic term for...well, next Xbox...it was used for One as well (among other names), until they revealed it.

As for PS360 situation - I don't know, this kinda reminds me of PS2/Xbox (though not to that degree) - MS is behind, Sony is getting cocky again, if MS launches earlier (and don't repeat RROD), they might have a much better fighting chance against PS5.

LOL, Sony, isn't getting Cocky, they are just making games for their studios, and releasing VR, nothing more than this, PS4K, is just a Rumor, and the PS3'S Only problem for the consumer was the Price, and for developers, was the difficult to develop for, this isn't nothing, they just launched the console for 500US$, and 600US$.

Microsoft, will not stand a chance against the PS5, with their Actual policies, in the Original Xbox's time, the console was a Niche Console, only know on America, and in some places of Europe, even if Microsoft,  made a Mistake no one would notice, wasn't main stream.

Now after Xbox 360, Microsoft, have Eyes from all over the world looking for Xbox's Brand, from the Beggining of this Generation Microsoft's Mistakes were, They made a console with focus on Multimidia, and TV, Aways Online, after that they had a Ridiculos Price, just like PS3, so they Stated that Xbox One, would never work without kinect, so they had a Kinect Mandatory, after that they removed Kinect, some time later they Stated that they had the Biggest Line Up Ever, they stated that Triple A Exclusives are what matter, they spread those thing "PS4 Has no Games", "Only Triple A Matter", Microsoft, is never directly involved with those things, but they indeed Feed those Internet fights, 2 Months after the Holidays, they said that Quantum Break, a game 3 years prior to that, announced as Xbox One Exclusive, will launch for PC,  they Delayed Scalebound, Canceled Fable, and now they stated that all their games will have a "Possibility" to hit the PC, also they will release Forza 6, and all the future Forza games for PC, already stated by them, 2-3 months after holidays, In the last month they announced a Upgradable Xbox (that is still confirmed), now they stated that they will not make a Xbox One.5, because "if us will make a Upgrade, it will be something big", this  does not Deny the last announcement, just state that the Upgradable Xbox, will be more Powerful than people think that PS4K (just a Rumor) will be, that will be a Much better and worth Upgrade, than just 2 Times the power of the console, maybe they will follow Steam Machine's Footsteps.

Sony, cleared the PS3 Problem, that was just the Price, and the difficult to develop, and now they are back on track, but  Microsoft, need to make Much more than that before release Xbox Two, if they want to be sucessful they need to Stay atleast 3 Years without controversy, they already had much controversy in the past 2 Years, now they need to make the CEO, became Reliable again, they had this "Reliable" thing when they changed Don Mattrick, for Phill Spencer, but after that, Phill Spencer, say one thing, Aaron Greenberg, state other thing, and Microsoft, do another thing, sometimes Phill Spencer, also State Something that Deny what he stated before, but he also do what he stated before, even after that.

Microsoft, need to stay more Clear, in order for the next Generation, this time just a early launch, will not work.

To be honest, though, what did anyone expect Phil to say? If MS is making an upgraded Xbox, he's going to deny it, as a confirmation would go far beyond even the rumors of ps4k and current Xbox sales would suffer. If MS isn't making an Xbox, then obviously there's nothing to say. If he had opted for "no comment," it would have been an obvious affirmation. A denial is really the only option available to him, whatever the truth. 

Ruler said:

So this means the Xbox One will be demolished in graphics comparisons if its 4k vs 900p in every DF video if PS4K still comes out? I hope Sony sticks to their guns, as PC is the main competitor now 

For Sony's sake I hope it is all just rumor, I don't own a PS this gen but I eventually will (at least I will if they don't do such a moronic move, not investing in a moving target, that is what PC's are for). It won't end well pi$$ing off a large portion of your user base by splitting it and raising costs.

Ariakon said:

To be honest, though, what did anyone expect Phil to say? If MS is making an upgraded Xbox, he's going to deny it, as a confirmation would go far beyond even the rumors of ps4k and current Xbox sales would suffer. If MS isn't making an Xbox, then obviously there's nothing to say. If he had opted for "no comment," it would have been an obvious affirmation. A denial is really the only option available to him, whatever the truth. 

He already confirmed this early this month, a Upgradable Xbox One, already is confirmed, here he just States that the Upgrade will be big, not like PS4.5 (that is just a rumor), this is one  Article to Confirm the Xbox Upgradable, but also make the People that  are just passing by, think that Microsoft, will not make a Xbox Upgradable, this is because of Xbox One's Drop in Sales.

Mr Puggsly said:
Well if Sony launches a more powerful console I think MS is going to want a more powerful console as well.

So if MS is saying no upgrade, that tells me they will launch a new console relatively soon that will be even more powerful than PS4.5. If so I would hope its fully BC with X1.

You end up in a situation like the Wii U though.

People dont really like when console gens only last like 4years.

Unless the Xbox One is forwards compatable to match this new Xbox Two? they will make some of their user base angry about it.

And if it really is forwards compatable, it ll end up being compaired to the PS4k anyways.