By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo now live!

Panama said:
From what I've read, it's just a short tech demo to showcase the final release graphics and combat system. Also you get Carbuncle!

If this is the final graphics then this is not really something people should be happy about.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Panama said:
From what I've read, it's just a short tech demo to showcase the final release graphics and combat system. Also you get Carbuncle!

If this is the final graphics then this is not really something people should be happy about.

Its obviously not the final graphics lol though i would say the demo is doing more harm than good to newbies

The graphics look very good to me, but it is more due to the great art direction than to technical aspects, although the perfomance is awful when it is raining. The combat is a bit strange, but not bad, I believe that with a higher variety of weapons and elemental powers it will be very interesting. I'm most likely going to wait till the game gets cheaper to buy it.

Thanks for the link. Downloading it now!

Charming little experience. Definitely not flawless though.

To master the aerial combat is a pleasure. Very challenging. Summoning the Iron Giant for the second time is the only real fight in the demo. The first fight is way too easy to experience the combat properly.

A lot of changes. Tilting the analog while attacking now launches the special skills of weapons. Warpping is only limited to the main sword. Warping to the near top of the tall building then wrap-attack down is a wow moment.

I love the flow of switching weapons. The combos of different weapons are linked beautifully. The combat can be too much at times. A lot possibilities that it can get overwhelming. The camera is still an issue as well.

Edit: reading the comments here. I really encourage you guys to summon the final boss for a second time. Don't step on the ending plate. Continue forward. That will unlock new aspects of the combat (warping, time-based parrying, Noctis special skill). And the boss will be on a higher level. It is the only challenging and balanced fight in the demo that requires skill. All of the other enemies are simply a showcase. They almost do nothing.

Around the Network
VXIII said:

Edit: reading the comments here. I really encourage you guys to summon the final boss for a second time. Don't step on the ending plate. Continue forward. That will unlock new aspects of the combat. And the boss will be on a higher level. It is very challenging and balanced fight that requires skill. All of the other enemies are simply a showcase. They almost do nothing.

I have done that prior to my post.
I didn't enjoy the fight. To be fair, I had issues in that fight. The fire spell wouldn't cast, and the button layout felt like the exact opposite to what I'm used to.
That I couldn't cast probably was a bug, the button layout thing is something I could get used to. I just wished I'd have more than 4 actions available at a time and that you could scroll the camera back, and that the camera did a better job while warping around.

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

I remember when I bought my PS3 in 06-07 solely for the reason of playing Versus XIII.
I've lost about 98% of my interest I once had after 10 years. Usually an FF title is a day one purchase for me, but I'm not feeling it anymore.

Wow. 10 years...

Iyasu said:

I didn't enjoy the fight. To be fair, I had issues in that fight. The fire spell wouldn't cast, and the button layout felt like the exact opposite to what I'm used to.
That I couldn't cast probably was a bug, the button layout thing is something I could get used to. I just wished I'd have more than 4 actions available at a time and that you could scroll the camera back, and that the camera did a better job while warping around.

You only get one use of the Fire spell, it's an item not actual magic, you can get extra when you unlock the platinum plates. The battle is easy though, just warp up on the building, switch to heavy weapon and warp strike, staggers every time, bash, rinse and repeat.

The demo was kinda meh, the event actually got me a bit hyped and then I played the demo, lol. It didn't really address my concerns with the combat, want it to feel more fluid, it may be something that is better when playing game as part of it was I really didn't like the control scheme, maybe can change in the game or just get used to it. Also, the camera still doesn't feel right, I would at least like for the right stick to be purely camera and a different button controls target switching. Outside of combat the platforming aspect felt frustrating at times, I hope they don't push that too much in the game and that it was just specific to this demo.

I'm probably still going to pick it up, I'm a sucker for FF games but I'm in no rush to pre-order.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Iyasu said:
VXIII said:

Edit: reading the comments here. I really encourage you guys to summon the final boss for a second time. Don't step on the ending plate. Continue forward. That will unlock new aspects of the combat. And the boss will be on a higher level. It is very challenging and balanced fight that requires skill. All of the other enemies are simply a showcase. They almost do nothing.

I see.

Fire spell requires mana to cast. It is the blue cycle around the weapon slots if I'm not mistaken. You can't cast it if you don't have mana. Edit: I was wrong, Magic spells are consumable items that can be created by collecting energy in the game. In the demo you only have one.

In Duscae we had 4 weapons. Each comes with a special skill. There was also team based attacks, along with the ability to use items and buffs. Status elements like getting poisoned. It was much more of an RPG than this demo which is not ment for in depth mechanics imo.

Also, The full game you will get to choose your weapons from a wide selection. Also you will be able to give your party members direct commands. Each one has a different skill. That is all absence from this demo, so I understand why you think the combat is very limited. Maybe you should just wait for reviews before you jump in.

I do think now that this demo can be really confusing to those who didn't play Duscaec at least. SE could have done a much better job with it.

Okie_Loki said:
I remember when I bought my PS3 in 06-07 solely for the reason of playing Versus XIII.
I've lost about 98% of my interest I once had after 10 years. Usually an FF title is a day one purchase for me, but I'm not feeling it anymore.

Wow. 10 years...

Same here - well for XIII. Then when the game came out, it was such a boring, lame game. I was blown.