By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo now live!

Nice! Just in time for the weekend

Around the Network

I mean the length makes sense, they're not selling this one after all!

I didn't have much of a dip anywhere outside of when I threw one of the particle effect "bombs." I'm gonna pin that on this being a side project and thus being optimized below what the final product will be, and also chalking it up to trying to keep the file size down without diminishing the visuals themselves. It's already like 4 gigs for a 30 minute tech demo, and with many games running well over 50GB in installs, I'd hope to god they plan on a locked framerate to make sure things don't chug once.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I downloaded and played the demo.
The presentation is good, but I didn't like the combat system in the demo. Too much focus on action, too little on RPG for my taste.

Honestly, why does every game have to be an action game now?
I'll try the demo again, perhaps the combat system will grow on me, but so far, if this demo is anything to go by, I'll skip FFXV.

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

Hold circle and Noctis will auto-walk to the enemy and auto-attack. The game is on auto-pilot and there is no skill required. The game literally plays itself.... The only time I needed to EVER dodge was against the boss at the end. Even then... hold circle and bam! GG!

Very, very disappointed. One of the most boring, linear experiences in my life. I am SO disappointed. I Waited so long for this bullshit!!!! It's just terrible.

Airaku said:
Hold circle and Noctis will auto-walk to the enemy and auto-attack. The game is on auto-pilot and there is no skill required. The game literally plays itself.... The only time I needed to EVER dodge was against the boss at the end. Even then... hold circle and bam! GG!

Very, very disappointed. One of the most boring, linear experiences in my life. I am SO disappointed. I Waited so long for this bullshit!!!! It's just terrible.

Is this demo representative of the main game though? I havnt played it yet but it's downloaded.

i do hope the game won't be as you say though and you simply don't really have to do anything in battle.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
Airaku said:

This is a standalone demo not related to the main game, and its purpose is to showcase the gameplay and graphics/artstyle of the final build 😊.

Edit: Though I hope that auto movement is just an option.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Iyasu said:
I downloaded and played the demo.
The presentation is good, but I didn't like the combat system in the demo. Too much focus on action, too little on RPG for my taste.

Honestly, why does every game have to be an action game now?
I'll try the demo again, perhaps the combat system will grow on me, but so far, if this demo is anything to go by, I'll skip FFXV.

Well, that's a question. I really don't know. I've just tried the demo in a friend's house, and I think the combat system lacks depth. He loved it, but my response is more lukewarm. And even if it's beatiful to see, my main goal when I play a game is that I actually like the gameplay, which is sadly not the case with this game for now. Maybe it's not the right demo to play, maybe it'll improve later. I'll take a "wait and see" approach with it.

Ka-pi96 said:
To those not liking the combat... did you play the Duscae demo? What did you think of the combat there?

I would like to know that as well, how do they compare? Because this wasn't very good

Ka-pi96 said:
To those not liking the combat... did you play the Duscae demo? What did you think of the combat there?

I can't really tell you because I didn't try Duscae. Maybe I'll say my friend to download it and make a comparison. Are there any meaningful differences?

Ka-pi96 said:

I haven't played the Duscae demo, that's why I won't pass a final judgement yet.

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)