By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2016 (Mar 21 - Mar 27)

CloudLightning13 said:
Also i think Joker 3 is a sign that the Dragon Quest userbase have moved to Playstation. I expect Heroes 2 to open higher than Joker 3. Maybe DQXI will open lower on 3DS then what most people believed.

PS4 Slim and DQXI HD will do wonders in Japan!

I think some of it is just fan burn out.  They've released so much DQ in Japan the last year. 

I think DQH2 will suffer from this burnout too although the sales should still be good.  

@konnichiwa:

Next week is star Oceon so ps4 hardware will be ok.  But the week after for the rest of April things are very quiet,  so it will be interesting to see the ps4 baseline.

Last year after this week,  ps4 hardware really dropped until after the summer.  Ps4 baseline this year should be higher,  plus may and June have better releases.  So ps4 will go back up YTD although weeks properly aligned they already are.  

And tomorrow we get the FF15 release date which should help too.  

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

Disappoint week, imo. Expect more for Dark Souls. PS4 about what i expect, but the real test is next week... and maybe the week after that.

If it turns out digital for DS3 is expectedly high,  will you change to decent DS3 week?  I think it's done well. 

Well, it seems digimon can reach 100k(like gundam!)at least which is good!
Was hoping more from miku, but it was obviously going to do less :/
Pokken hold up pretty well too which is nice to see.
Dead or alive Xtreme was never a big seller and they make a lot of money through DLC so I'm sure they're fine with the sales as they are, especially since this is the biggest opening in the series I think.

Well DS3 ended up in my 200-250k prediction range from a month ago or so. Gotta say surprisingly bad COMG! ratio. Bloodborne had really good digital sales but people should remember BB also had some stock issues in the first week at least so DS3 without stock issues most likely won't have such a good physical-digital ratio.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

WC4Life said:
Well DS3 ended up in my 200-250k prediction range from a month ago or so. Gotta say surprisingly bad COMG! ratio. Bloodborne had really good digital sales but people should remember BB also had some stock issues in the first week at least so DS3 without stock issues most likely won't have such a good physical-digital ratio.

Dark Souls 3 had/has also stock problems. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Don't think Dark Souls 3 did all that great to be honest.

Nintendo is lying out their ass about Wii U production not stopping. They are clearly managing stock to deplete it, basically Pokken got a higher Wii U shipment because of a bundle for one week, now we're right back down to the usual shortage levels. This should not be the case if they are producing a regular supply of units, these "shortages" have been going on now for over 2 months. 

NX is coming this year. 

Pokken bundles were 4k so that isn't true 

Shadow8 said:
Well, it seems digimon can reach 100k(like gundam!)at least which is good!
Was hoping more from miku, but it was obviously going to do less :/
Pokken hold up pretty well too which is nice to see.
Dead or alive Xtreme was never a big seller and they make a lot of money through DLC so I'm sure they're fine with the sales as they are, especially since this is the biggest opening in the series I think.

I do believe DS3 had some stock issues too though.

tbone51 said:
Soundwave said:

Don't think Dark Souls 3 did all that great to be honest.

Nintendo is lying out their ass about Wii U production not stopping. They are clearly managing stock to deplete it, basically Pokken got a higher Wii U shipment because of a bundle for one week, now we're right back down to the usual shortage levels. This should not be the case if they are producing a regular supply of units, these "shortages" have been going on now for over 2 months. 

NX is coming this year. 

Pokken bundles were 4k so that isn't true 

Exactly, seeing a spike last week made sense because they are managing inventory so that the system gets small bumps when a new game comes out. But once that week is over, it goes straight back down to "shortage levels". Nikkei's report IMO is correct and Nintendo's "denial" was carefully worded and disingenious. 

Stock levels should not be this low for 3 straight months. It's basically killed Splatoon's legs. 

OneKartVita said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Disappoint week, imo. Expect more for Dark Souls. PS4 about what i expect, but the real test is next week... and maybe the week after that.

If it turns out digital for DS3 is expectedly high,  will you change to decent DS3 week?  I think it's done well. 

Of course. Those Dark Souls III numbers aren't bad, but after that high YSO prediction, well, you know why now i'm disappoint... still, those dark Souls numbers are ok.

If digital are good, That's just great. It need a 19% digital sales first week for beat Dark Souls II... Seem possible.

Good second week for Pokken. Will cross 100k next week.

The division has a good week also but it's not the real legs winner today.

12./06. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.400) - 10.639 / 712.822 (+16%)

+16% and it's been charting for over a year!! The king of legs will not let up until we've all bowed before it!!