By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2016 (Mar 21 - Mar 27)

tbone51 said:
Swordmasterman said:

Nah, Splatoon, need to eat much more before became a King, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest, have entries that sold 3.5-4.5 Millions on Japan.

Yes years ago and Splatoon is on a system that sold 3mil. I'm pretty sure it's potential is held back by userbase, especially when the game outsells HW every week :p

Splatoon is over 1.5mil (half of the user base). I think it's comparable with FF+DQ no? (well not yet but it's getting there!) 

It's not there yet but it has the potential to be and I expect it to be.  

But I think it needs to be developed as a handheld title aswell and it can reach that level as a HH game.  Do you think it will do well on that platform or do you think it has to be a home console title? 

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
tbone51 said:

Yes years ago and Splatoon is on a system that sold 3mil. I'm pretty sure it's potential is held back by userbase, especially when the game outsells HW every week :p

Splatoon is over 1.5mil (half of the user base). I think it's comparable with FF+DQ no? (well not yet but it's getting there!) 

But I think it needs to be developed as a handheld title aswell and it can reach that level as a HH game.  Do you think it will do well on that platform or do you think it has to be a home console title? 

I think Splatoon fits better on HC tbh. If it were on HH it'll sell alot more. WiiU is the only thing holding this game back. (userbas) 

If I'm not mistaken I believe the franchise is beating any new franchise debut? I know this gen it's #1 (Yo-kai was previously #1). 

Let's just say if wiiu had an install base of 6mil-7mil in Japan,  I bet splatoon would be somewhere between 3.5mil-4.5mil for sure. Splatoon can only do so much now :o

tbone51 said:
OneKartVita said:

I think Splatoon fits better on HC tbh. If it were on HH it'll sell alot more. WiiU is the only thing holding this game back. (userbas) 

If I'm not mistaken I believe the franchise is beating any new franchise debut? I know this gen it's #1 (Yo-kai was previously #1). 

Let's just say if wiiu had an install base of 6mil-7mil in Japan,  I bet splatoon would be somewhere between 3.5mil-4.5mil for sure. Splatoon can only do so much now :o

Yeah great debut but it's still not at that top level yet.  

Nintendo are failing badly on the home console front.  Their next home console will be starting from zero again. Unless they bring it to the next HH aswell it won't reach its potential. 

Pikachu is trying to sabotage Jibanyan domination plan, lol.

tbone51 said:
Swordmasterman said:

Nah, Splatoon, need to eat much more before became a King, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest, have entries that sold 3.5-4.5 Millions on Japan.

More Install Base does not means  proportionally more sales, the game can do 1.3 Millions (the game actually is at 1.365 Millions i think) in a 3.1 Millions User Base, but do 3 Millions on a 20 Millions User Base, Final Fantasy, sold 1.4 Millions First Week,  on PS3, and 1.8 Millions on Total (FFXIII), the PS3, had something less than 3 Millions of Install Base.

Splatoon, is doing  very good, but the Wii U, was also out of stock, so maybe the Wii U, would be selling more without those Stock inssues.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
tbone51 said:

More Install Base does not means  proportionally more sales, the game can do 1.3 Millions (the game actually is at 1.365 Millions i think) in a 3.1 Millions User Base, but do 3 Millions on a 20 Millions User Base, Final Fantasy, sold 1.4 Millions First Week,  on PS3, and 1.8 Millions on Total (FFXIII), the PS3, had something less than 3 Millions of Install Base.

Splatoon, is doing  very good, but the Wii U, was also out of stock, so maybe the Wii U, would be selling more without those Stock inssues.

I dunno, the way Splatoon is selling (its legs) and the fact even with stock issues and it outsell HW by 2x-3x for several weeks really point out that the userbase imo is the main problem for preventing sales. I mean look even at splatoon merchandise for example. Splatoon amiibo is best selling amiibo in japan for example :0

Obviously getting Splatoon to more users is one of Nintendo's highest priorities for Nintendo next-gen. It totally has "Japan's next huge franchise" written alllllll over it.