By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales: Week 12, 2016 (Mar 21 - Mar 27)

OneKartVita said:
Swordmasterman said:

Is hard to surpass a Handheld in Japan, because of that the Mobile Market is so big there, they aways had preference for that, Vita, launched december 2011 for Japan, and PS4, launched february 2014 for Japan, and PS4, might surpass PS Vita's Numbers on Japan in the next year.

Maybe next year but it might take until 2018. It's actually tough to call.  

We don't know what VR, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest, can do for PS4, we must wait until January of 2017, to make better predictions.

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Jranation said:

Yep! Its holding the consoles in Japan! But to be called a King? Not quite yet! It hasn't even beat the Vita yet. 

That would be relevant if the vita was a home console.  It's the current king (extremely dominant)  in the home console space and in few months it will be the king of the gen when it passes by the Wii U. 

Its like were repeating again. Someone need to check how this convo has started. Go look back at what I said to sprash. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
OneKartVita said:

That would be relevant if the vita was a home console.  It's the current king (extremely dominant)  in the home console space and in few months it will be the king of the gen when it passes by the Wii U. 

Its like were repeating again. Someone need to check how this convo has started. Go look back at what I said to sprash. 

i speak my beliefs and my thoughts. they represent me nobody else. likewise what somebody else says has no relevance to me whether they're a ps fan or not. 

OneKartVita said:
Jranation said:

i speak my beliefs and my thoughts. they represent me nobody else. likewise what somebody else says has no relevance to me whether they're a ps fan or not. 

So why even post here at all? O.o

Edit: now we know who the real king is of Japan xD

tbone51 said:
OneKartVita said:

I'm the king of Japan . 

What i said above means what others say don't represent me so nobody can say , "but but they said this". That's all well and good but if i didn't say it, it don't have nothing to do with me. 

I didn't mean it like i don't care what anybody has to say. i actually enjoy reading everyones post, that's why i'm here. 

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
OneKartVita said:

The Kings of Japan's Console gaming are Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest, no more than that, but also not less.

Swordmasterman said:
tbone51 said:

The Kings of Japan's Console gaming are Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest, no more than that, but also not less.

Don't forget splatoon xD

tbone51 said:
Swordmasterman said:

Don't forget splatoon xD

Nah, Splatoon, need to eat much more before became a King, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest, have entries that sold 3.5-4.5 Millions on Japan.

Media Create back 30:

twenty one Vita Attack on Titan (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo Games
twenty two Wii U The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (including Bundle) Nintendo
twenty three 3DS Doraemon Japan birth of New Nobita Flues
twenty four 3DS Specter watch Busters Akanekodan / white dog Corps Level Five
twenty five 3DS Luigi's Mansion 2 (Happy Price selection) Nintendo
26 3DS Harvest Moon beginning of the earth (Happy Price selection) Marvelous
27 Vita PSYCHO-PASS psychopaths selection defunct happiness (including Limited Edition) 5pb.
28 3DS Pokemon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire Pokémon
29 3DS Monster Strike Mixi
Thirty 3DS Monster Hunter Cross (including Bundle) Capcom
31 PS4 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition SCE
32 PS4 God Eater off shot  
Twin Pack & anime Vol.6
Namco Bandai Entertainment
33 Wii U Mario Tennis Ultra Smash Nintendo
34 Vita Shirogane × spirits! (Including Limited Edition) Teijiieru
35 3DS Disney Magic Castle My Happy Life 2 
(including Bundle)
36 3DS Taiko Drum Master Chibi Dragon and the Mysterious Orb 
(Happy Price selection)
37 PS4 Battlefield 4 Premium Edition (EA BEST HITS) Electronic Arts
38 PS4 Gundam Breaker 3 Namco Bandai Entertainment
39 3DS Corner Gurashi here you settle down 
(Happy Price selection)
Nippon Columbia Co., Ltd.
Forty PS4 Grand Theft Auto V (4,990 yen version) Take-Two Interactive Japan
41 Vita Summon Night 6 lost boundary us (including Limited Edition) Namco Bandai Entertainment
42 Vita Whether revive the Dragon Quest Builders Arefugarudo 
(including Bundle)
square Enix
43 3DS Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer (including Bundle) Nintendo
44 3DS Rhythm Tengoku The Best + Nintendo
45 PS4 Call of Duty: Black Ops III (including Bundle) SCE
46 3DS Mario Kart 7 Nintendo
47 PS4 Street Fighter V (including Limited Edition) Capcom
48 PS4 Rainbow Six Siege Ubisoft
49 Vita Tokyo Xanadu SAKURA Festival package Japan Falcom
Fifty Vita Ship this breaks (including Limited Edition) Kadokawa Games

Swordmasterman said:
tbone51 said:

Don't forget splatoon xD

Nah, Splatoon, need to eat much more before became a King, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest, have entries that sold 3.5-4.5 Millions on Japan.

Yes years ago and Splatoon is on a system that sold 3mil. I'm pretty sure it's potential is held back by userbase, especially when the game outsells HW every week :p

Splatoon is over 1.5mil (half of the user base). I think it's comparable with FF+DQ no? (well not yet but it's getting there!)