By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Pokémon Sun and Moon footage to be shown April 3rd!

Luke888 said:
Aielyn said:

Fairies are often associated with moonlight. That's where the whole Clefairy/moonlight connection came from in the first place.

Umbreon is a pokemon of the shadows (hence "umbra"). And malefic beings bring misfortune, they're not evil.

The main point I'm making, though, is that Dark doesn't really associate with the moon the way that Water and Fairy do. Dark is much more tenuous a connection by comparison, in my opinion.

IMHO Dark is still more appropriated than Water for a Moon Pokémon, the Moon has no Water...

I'm also waiting on your response to delphin, Water is very appropriate for the moon so... please explain said logic

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
Platina said:
Hopefully a Direct, but I doubt it

Should be good, regardless

Nope, it's a totally different thing from a Direct, is straight up Japanese TV show with guests dressed up as pokémon and people that watch the Anime...

LipeJJ said:
Didn't they do something similar with Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire? I think they showed a teaser of Groundon and Kyogre 1 or 2 months before E3 and then a full blowout at said event.

yep. it'll be the same, but since we don't actually know the leggendaries whatever they show will be new to us. also all the footage shown at E3 was revealed 5 days before via CoroCoro and the Pokémon official channel

Good. And I agree... since we know nothing about the game(s), anything will be noteworthy. I think they will probably reveal the main legendaries for sure.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Einsam_Delphin said:
Luke888 said:

IMHO Dark is still more appropriated than Water for a Moon Pokémon, the Moon has no Water...

The moon causes the tides which are water, cmon now haven't you seen Avatar? Also I'm still waiting to hear how water is a broken type.

Didn't I answer to this before ? anyway in case the post wasn't sent:

Water is broken because it's got the strongest weather condition, only two weakneses justified by 4 resistances and 3 x2 damage output and it not even beeing resisted by one of his two weakneses beeing Electric (that by far is the most used competitively) meaning that a water Type can easily take down to 50% or less an electric type switching in with a STAB move. Also among it's resistences there's Ice that again in my opinion doesn't make sense to be resisted by water since Ice shoud be able to freeze water, and no, a 60BP move such as Freeze-dry isn't in any way or form viable. Also Water is the only type that got a move that can give a status condition beeing Burn by Scald that isn't related to it's own type and, moreover, has also an high chanse of happening with a 30% ratio when most of the damaging moves that also can inflict a status have only a 10%.

uran10 said:
Luke888 said:

I'm also waiting on your response to delphin, Water is very appropriate for the moon so... please explain said logic

I just said the Dark type in my opinion fits better a Moon Pokémon because yes, tides exist, but whatever celestial body that is near enough to a planet with water and constantly gets closer/farther periodically can create tides, so In my opinion, knowing how leggendary pokémon are related to mitology, it would fit better a Moon pokémon some sort of Demon related to the full moon instead of the tides that weren't even known to be related to the moon by ancient populations.

Luke888 said:

Water is broken because it's got the strongest weather condition, only two weakneses justified by 4 resistances and 3 x2 damage output and it not even beeing resisted by one of his two weakneses beeing Electric (that by far is the most used competitively) meaning that a water Type can easily take down to 50% or less an electric type switching in with a STAB move. Also among it's resistences there's Ice that again in my opinion doesn't make sense to be resisted by water since Ice shoud be able to freeze water, and no, a 60BP move such as Freeze-dry isn't in any way or form viable. Also Water is the only type that got a move that can give a status condition beeing Burn by Scald that isn't related to it's own type and, moreover, has also an high chanse of happening with a 30% ratio when most of the damaging moves that also can inflict a status have only a 10%.

There is a difference between good and broken, and nothing you said here strikes me as gamebreaking, just solid advantages which every type has some of. Super-effective against 3 types isn't as much as Fire, Ice, Fighting, etc. so having solid defenses is fair, unless you want to say Steel n Fairy are also broken. While I kinda agree, Ice resistance not making sense is irrelevant really. Freeze Dry is 70bp btw. Prior to Scald, Water couldn't inflict ANY status conditions, so it's about time it got atleast one way to do so. 30% chance is great no doubt, but it's 10bp weaker than it's Flamethrower/Energy Ball/Sludge Bomb/etc. counterparts. Infact Water's other go to moves are straight up inferior to that of other types aswell. Hydro Pump has less accuracy and no additional effect compared to Fire Blast, Surf has no additional effects while every other 90bp move does and pretty much can't be used in double battles, Aqua tail has no effects compared to Playrough, Muddy Water weaker and less accurate than Heat Wave, and probably some more I'm forgetting. As for the Pokemon themselves, I'm probably mistaken on this but I can't think of any truely OP water types, atleast nothing on Mega-Khanga level.

I don't really count Weather much because like say Trick Room it's a strategy you have to specifically dedicate your team towards, it's not an inherent trait or necessity of water-type Pokemon. If it's too powerful then that's because the weather is too powerful so just nerf that, not a whole type thus affecting the more players who don't even use rain. Thankfully they did this already.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Luke888 said:

There is a difference between good and broken, and nothing you said here strikes me as gamebreaking, just solid advantages which every type has some of. Super-effective against 3 types isn't as much as Fire, Ice, Fighting, etc. so having solid defenses is fair, unless you want to say Steel n Fairy are also broken. While I kinda agree, Ice resistance not making sense is irrelevant really. Freeze Dry is 70bp btw. Prior to Scald, Water couldn't inflict ANY status conditions, so it's about time it got atleast one way to do so. 30% chance is great no doubt, but it's 10bp weaker than it's Flamethrower/Energy Ball/Sludge Bomb/etc. counterparts. Infact Water's other go to moves are straight up inferior to that of other types aswell. Hydro Pump has less accuracy and no additional effect compared to Fire Blast, Surf has no additional effects while every other 90bp move does and pretty much can't be used in double battles, Aqua tail has no effects compared to Playrough, Muddy Water weaker and less accurate than Heat Wave, and probably some more I'm forgetting. As for the Pokemon themselves, I'm probably mistaken on this but I can't think of any truely OP water types, atleast nothing on Mega-Khanga level.

I don't really count Weather much because like say Trick Room it's a strategy you have to specifically dedicate your team towards, it's not an inherent trait or necessity of water-type Pokemon. If it's too powerful then that's because the weather is too powerful so just nerf that, not a whole type thus affecting the more players who don't even use rain. Thankfully they did this already.

Making something broken is an accumulation of good factors and yes, Fairy is kinda broken too while not beeing on the same level as Water...

Trust me, Water has way more advantages than other types, both by movepool and by type advantages. Grass is one of the less competitive types besides a few exceptions like Venusaur, Ferrothorn and Ludicolo (which guess what ? is Water type) so as I said electric is the only option to counter water and again, electric doesn't resist water so you can't safely switch in on water types with most of Electric types. also opting for grass moves on non-grass types doesn't change much as the only pokémon you can deal good damage with non stabbed grass moves are the Water/Ground mons .Then you have pokémon such as Rotom-W that IMHO is way more popular than M-Kanga since it's used both in OU and VGC, also may I remind you of Greninja, which of course was broken because of his abilty, but M-Kanga is broken too because of Parental Bond... 

Freeze Dry beeing 70BP doesn't change the fact that it can't be used competitively, especially because only a handful of Pokémon can learn it...

Fair enough previous to scald Water couldn't inflict status but still now most Water types can inflic multiple statuses IE Rotom-W can  burn, paralyze or toxic opponents, also let me remind you that there are plenty of types that can't deal any status besides flinching (which Water can too with moves such as Waterfall) such as Rock, Steel and Ghost.

Surf is extremely viable in double battles, especially when used against Mega Groudon after you nullify it's ability, which reminds me that one of the few Pokémon capable of doing so is Golduck.

If you don't want to consider rain then I don't even know why you're asking me why Water is broken...

Around the Network

hype level over 9000

Luke888 said:
Aielyn said:

Fairies are often associated with moonlight. That's where the whole Clefairy/moonlight connection came from in the first place.

Umbreon is a pokemon of the shadows (hence "umbra"). And malefic beings bring misfortune, they're not evil.

The main point I'm making, though, is that Dark doesn't really associate with the moon the way that Water and Fairy do. Dark is much more tenuous a connection by comparison, in my opinion.

Well... hate to disappoint you... but, http://www.space.com/7328-official-water-moon.html

I hope they stick with the customizable trainer like in X/Y.

Luke888 said:

Making something broken is an accumulation of good factors and yes, Fairy is kinda broken too while not beeing on the same level as Water...

Trust me, Water has way more advantages than other types, both by movepool and by type advantages. Grass is one of the less competitive types besides a few exceptions like Venusaur, Ferrothorn and Ludicolo (which guess what ? is Water type) so as I said electric is the only option to counter water and again, electric doesn't resist water so you can't safely switch in on water types with most of Electric types. also opting for grass moves on non-grass types doesn't change much as the only pokémon you can deal good damage with non stabbed grass moves are the Water/Ground mons .Then you have pokémon such as Rotom-W that IMHO is way more popular than M-Kanga since it's used both in OU and VGC, also may I remind you of Greninja, which of course was broken because of his abilty, but M-Kanga is broken too because of Parental Bond... 

Freeze Dry beeing 70BP doesn't change the fact that it can't be used competitively, especially because only a handful of Pokémon can learn it...

Fair enough previous to scald Water couldn't inflict status but still now most Water types can inflic multiple statuses IE Rotom-W can  burn, paralyze or toxic opponents, also let me remind you that there are plenty of types that can't deal any status besides flinching (which Water can too with moves such as Waterfall) such as Rock, Steel and Ghost.

Surf is extremely viable in double battles, especially when used against Mega Groudon after you nullify it's ability, which reminds me that one of the few Pokémon capable of doing so is Golduck.

If you don't want to consider rain then I don't even know why you're asking me why Water is broken...

Broken means gamebreaking. There is nothing gamebreaking about water types, end of story.

I was asking because I wanted to know the thought process behind such a ridiculous claim.

Slade6alpha said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Don't jynx it

Hehe

Doesn't sound too Farfetch'd.