By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Pokémon Sun and Moon footage to be shown April 3rd!

Please show the girl trainer and starters please! I want to draw them

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Hopefully a Direct, but I doubt it

Should be good, regardless

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Didn't they do something similar with Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire? I think they showed a teaser of Groundon and Kyogre 1 or 2 months before E3 and then a full blowout at said event.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Platina said:
Hopefully a Direct, but I doubt it

Should be good, regardless

Nope, it's a totally different thing from a Direct, is straight up Japanese TV show with guests dressed up as pokémon and people that watch the Anime...

LipeJJ said:
Didn't they do something similar with Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire? I think they showed a teaser of Groundon and Kyogre 1 or 2 months before E3 and then a full blowout at said event.

yep. it'll be the same, but since we don't actually know the leggendaries whatever they show will be new to us. also all the footage shown at E3 was revealed 5 days before via CoroCoro and the Pokémon official channel

ktay95 said:
Aielyn said:

The moon is closely connected with the tides, and thus water.

Personally, I see the bigger issue being the idea that a Moon legendary should be a "Dark" type. The moon is light, not dark, and it's most certainly not evil (remember, "dark" type is actually "evil" or "underhanded" type). I say it should be a Water/Fairy pokemon.

Is it fairy type just because of Clefable's back story??

Fairies are often associated with moonlight. That's where the whole Clefairy/moonlight connection came from in the first place.

Luke888 said:
Aielyn said:

The moon is closely connected with the tides, and thus water.

Personally, I see the bigger issue being the idea that a Moon legendary should be a "Dark" type. The moon is light, not dark, and it's most certainly not evil (remember, "dark" type is actually "evil" or "underhanded" type). I say it should be a Water/Fairy pokemon.

buuuuuuut you have Pokémon such as Umbreon that are based off the Lunar Rabbit, also you can't say that the Full Moon is associated with malefic beeings. I think Fairy/Dark would be the best possible typing with an ability similar to stance change letting it switch between full moon and crescent moon...

Umbreon is a pokemon of the shadows (hence "umbra"). And malefic beings bring misfortune, they're not evil.

The main point I'm making, though, is that Dark doesn't really associate with the moon the way that Water and Fairy do. Dark is much more tenuous a connection by comparison, in my opinion.

Around the Network

Should be interesting!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Luke888 said:
tsogud said:
*sees thread title*
*checks date just in case of April fools joke*
*everything checks out*
*begins internally screaming*

be ready for plenty of fake immages because the show is only on the 3rd of April :v

Funny you mention that. I got a text from a family member telling me the new Pokemon games looked horrible. I told him that the only leaked info is the title of the game. Him and I chuckled at it, but realized that fake images can sometimes look legit(especially if you're not paying attention to details).

I recall a fake Coro-coro magazine that looked quite legit. It showed fake mega evolutions of Chandelure and Scolipede for OR/AS. Have to admit, I was convinced at first(until Serebii revealed that it's fake).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

shikamaru317 said:

Between this show on April 3rd and the April issue of CoroCoro we should get playable trainer, starter, and cover legendary designs at the very least, maybe a few in-game sceenshots or a clip of in-game footage too. Then we'll probably be waiting until June for more (E3).

We should see some non-starter/legendary pokes and probably some mega evolutions aswell, but pretty much yeah that's how it'll go down, unless they want E3 to be all about NX! But nah, they've gotta acknowledge the anniversary there anyway.

Aielyn said:
ktay95 said:

Is it fairy type just because of Clefable's back story??

Fairies are often associated with moonlight. That's where the whole Clefairy/moonlight connection came from in the first place.

Luke888 said:

buuuuuuut you have Pokémon such as Umbreon that are based off the Lunar Rabbit, also you can't say that the Full Moon is associated with malefic beeings. I think Fairy/Dark would be the best possible typing with an ability similar to stance change letting it switch between full moon and crescent moon...

Umbreon is a pokemon of the shadows (hence "umbra"). And malefic beings bring misfortune, they're not evil.

The main point I'm making, though, is that Dark doesn't really associate with the moon the way that Water and Fairy do. Dark is much more tenuous a connection by comparison, in my opinion.

IMHO Dark is still more appropriated than Water for a Moon Pokémon, the Moon has no Water...

Luke888 said:
Aielyn said:

IMHO Dark is still more appropriated than Water for a Moon Pokémon, the Moon has no Water...

The moon causes the tides which are water, cmon now haven't you seen Avatar? Also I'm still waiting to hear how water is a broken type.