By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Pokémon Sun and Moon footage to be shown April 3rd!

burninmylight said:
Slade6alpha said:

Hehe

Doesn't sound too Farfetch'd.

It might be wrong throh :v

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

The moon causes the tides which are water, cmon now haven't you seen Avatar? Also I'm still waiting to hear how water is a broken type.

Didn't I answer to this before ? anyway in case the post wasn't sent:

Water is broken because it's got the strongest weather condition, only two weakneses justified by 4 resistances and 3 x2 damage output and it not even beeing resisted by one of his two weakneses beeing Electric (that by far is the most used competitively) meaning that a water Type can easily take down to 50% or less an electric type switching in with a STAB move. Also among it's resistences there's Ice that again in my opinion doesn't make sense to be resisted by water since Ice shoud be able to freeze water, and no, a 60BP move such as Freeze-dry isn't in any way or form viable. Also Water is the only type that got a move that can give a status condition beeing Burn by Scald that isn't related to it's own type and, moreover, has also an high chanse of happening with a 30% ratio when most of the damaging moves that also can inflict a status have only a 10%.

Freeze Dry is 70 BP. And Body Slam and Force Palm are other moves that can cause a status condition that isn't typically associated with it's own type. At least in Body Slam's case, it's lol-Normal and Force Palm is only 60 BP. Scald is 80BP.

Other than that, you're spot-on. Water definitely needs balancing.