Forums - Movies Discussion - Batman vs. Superman was amazing! Everything I wanted it to be! -I have a free ticket too, details inside

How did you like it?

great 47 24.61%

good 33 17.28%

ok 16 8.38%

meh 12 6.28%

bad 37 19.37%

biased me. 1 0.52%

other post below 0 0.00%

See results 45 23.56%

Total:191
think-man said:
I wont be seeing it, I think 99% of all super hero movies are crap. Sorry I just think they're too cheesy and predictable, I always wonder why people enjoy them? I guess im the weird one.

You're not alone.

The superhero genre as a whole is the epitome of lame in my opinion.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

I'd rate it 6/10. It was an ok movie. First 3/4 of the time are boring. Good thing the last 1/4 was fantastic.

I feel that Lex Luthor was a miscast. Jesse Eisenberg's performance was great, but imo, he doesn't suit Lex's persona. Someone more intimidating would've been perfect.

Affleck, Caville and Gadot were all good to their respective roles.

Nolan's Batman trilogy is still the best DC movies to date.

“Ore no... Kachi da!”

curl-6 said:
think-man said:
I wont be seeing it, I think 99% of all super hero movies are crap. Sorry I just think they're too cheesy and predictable, I always wonder why people enjoy them? I guess im the weird one.

You're not alone.

Totally agree, I roll my eyes whenever I see the announcement of a new super hero movie. They are always super hyped and never very fun, and the "Female Love Interest" that Americans are obsessed with is always tacked on it basically every super hero movie lol 

think-man said:
curl-6 said:

You're not alone.

Totally agree, I roll my eyes whenever I see the announcement of a new super hero movie. They are always super hyped and never very fun, and the "Female Love Interest" that Americans are obsessed with is always tacked on it basically every super hero movie lol 

And the "superhero" himself always has the same predictable, overplayed emotional issues and all the character depth of a sheet of cardboard.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

spurgeonryan said:

Is that how you wanted the batman vs superman fight to go down. More or less?

It's more or less in league of what I was expecting from a movie setting up the Justice League scenario.

Around the Network

Probably going to be my only post in the thread. But I really wanna know what the reviewers watched, cause it wasn't this movie.

Critics were definitely to harsh on it, but it's definitely not a perfect movie. I enjoyed it quite a bit, the only thing I didn't like was Jesse as Lex, other than that it was pretty solid. 8/10 No green lantern cameo is pretty sad though...

curl-6 said:
think-man said:

And the "superhero" himself always has the same predictable, overplayed emotional issues and all the character depth of a sheet of cardboard.

Guardians of the Galaxy is a super hero movie.

I watched it at the theatres and loved it.

I was so hyped I watched it again lateron, and went got the music from it, to listen to for along time.

Not all super hero movies are bad.

There was a lot of things to like about the movie, but it's dragged down significantly by an awfully written Lex Luthor, who is little more than a total nut job, and as such wastes the man vs "god" story set up in the first 3/4ths of the movie. Instead, that entire plotline of turning humanity against Superman is tossed aside for Luthor creating Doomsday, a monster that without Superman's intervention would kill not only him, but destroy the entire planet, with humanity having no hope of preventing it whatsoever. He has no end game by the conclusion of this movie. He isn't some eccentric genius, or even a brilliant madman (character deviations I would have been ok with), he's just a complete looney who would set the world on fire to kill Superman. Nevermind that this goes against the very core of the character that is supposed to be Lex Luthor, but again, it just completely undermines the conflict they build up throughout the rest of the movie.

The movie was good but there were too many things going on. They should have made this into a 2 part flick. They could have gotten rid off the plot holes and fast forwardness.

That Wonder Woman intro and BGM though. The people at the cinema I went to cheered on that part of the film.