Forums - Movies Discussion - Batman vs. Superman was amazing! Everything I wanted it to be! -I have a free ticket too, details inside

How did you like it?

great 47 24.61%

good 33 17.28%

ok 16 8.38%

meh 12 6.28%

bad 37 19.37%

biased me. 1 0.52%

other post below 0 0.00%

See results 45 23.56%

Total:191

In my opinion, the guy acting as "Lex" or Lex's son (Jesse Eisenberg), did a great job doing a Jim Carry impersonation.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
A friendly reminder to everyone that the OP once called Devil's Third the best game on Wii U. ;)

PSA: Pretty sure I never said that at all. 

Luckily for me many who finally played it actually agree! ^_^

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

mornelithe said:
Glad to hear you liked it, Boogie2988 said it was great...on the other hand, his wife was pissed. She's upset she even went, indicating she'd rather stay home w/ the dog hah. If it matters, she's a die hard Batman fan. Interesting to hear the different takes :)

Regardless though, glad you enjoyed it.

My GF liked it, but was pissed too. But she was mad because of spoiler alert ending. Which I had to explain away the best I could without being too Comic savvy.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Metrium said:
I just got out of the theatre. I liked the movie but it could of been better. Maybe because I've set crazy high expectations.

Ben Affleck was great as Batman. Loved Wonder Woman and I can't wait to see her movie.I even enjoyed Luthor more than I thought I would. The way the story is told at times is shaky, but other than that I really liked it. Will probably go see it again.

Also that moment when we saw Aquaman.... Oh boy, I had a fangasm.

I let the critics reduce my hype so I was good to go. Hype always ruins it for me. Ben was great I thought. The rest were just what they needed to be, no more. Lex was horrible in the trailers, but actually more or less pulled it off in the movie.

Just seen it and to be honest it was pretty bad but it redeemed itself with the last hour which was pretty spectacular. But overall the film is painfully average, it honestly feels like Michael Bay directed it. The first hour was just a incoherent mess with a whole lot of random scenes thrown around one after another. This movie felt very like a very desperate attempt from DC to kickstart their universe as they threw in way too much stuff and it really damaged the films narrative. I think the directors cut will be a whole lot better as it felt like they cut a whole lot of stuff relevant to this film just so they could build their universe.
But the positives are Ben Affleck as Batman was fantastic, everything about him was great. The films visuals are stunning, i really love Snyder's style, he can really pull off some visually striking scenes even if the CGI itself is wonky at times. The soundtrack was amazing, to be expected when Hans Zimmer is at the helm. And lastly the fight scenes were intense and the choreography was great, especially with batman.
Overall i enjoyed it but i wouldn't call it a good movie.

Around the Network
HEMSTAR said:
Just seen it and to be honest it was pretty bad but it redeemed itself with the last hour which was pretty spectacular. But overall the film is painfully average, it honestly feels like Michael Bay directed it. The first hour was just a incoherent mess with a whole lot of random scenes thrown around one after another. This movie felt very like a very desperate attempt from DC to kickstart their universe as they threw in way too much stuff and it really damaged the films narrative. I think the directors cut will be a whole lot better as it felt like they cut a whole lot of stuff relevant to this film just so they could build their universe.
But the positives are Ben Affleck as Batman was fantastic, everything about him was great. The films visuals are stunning, i really love Snyder's style, he can really pull off some visually striking scenes even if the CGI itself is wonky at times. The soundtrack was amazing, to be expected when Hans Zimmer is at the helm. And lastly the fight scenes were intense and the choreography was great, especially with batman.
Overall i enjoyed it but i wouldn't call it a good movie.

I liked the story and set up in the first part of the movie. What I didnt like was the flashbacks and dream sewuences. But I stomached them and enjoyed it.

That fight scene. Was great!

Why would they leave that ship in the city? A WtF moment.

Was really good imo, the first third was slow and a bit off at times but the last two thirds particularly the last hour was spectacular.

Wyrdness said:

Was really good imo, the first third was slow and a bit off at times but the last two thirds particularly the last hour was spectacular.

Is that how you wanted the batman vs superman fight to go down. More or less?

On the one hand, I think I liked it as a whole. But on a more micro level, I can honestly see pretty much every grievance I've read about it (before seeing it, and since I watched it when I went to more spoiler-y reviews) and could probably prattle on about things that should have/could have been done smoother or better. Given apparently the Director's Cut might be adding another half hour, I kind of suspect most of my grievances are due to how it was cut, rather than how it was initially shot, though. I also think I have a fairly good idea of how the Justice League movie is going to go down, (people keep thinking the dream sequences are foreshadowing Injustice-esque Tyrant Superman, but I have reason to believe differently that I can't divulge without spoilers.)

The actual fight between Batman and Superman was highly enjoyable, and my only real nitpick was I think Superman was a hair too passive after the first... um... dose wore off and he started throwing Batman around again. My thought process would probably have been 'Huh, he has a thing that can really screw with my shit, I should REALLY make sure he doesn't get a chance to use it again.' But nooope, stands there staring at him while Batman slowly, er, reloads, giving him juuuust enough time to unleash the decisive 'Round Two.'

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

I wont be seeing it, I think 99% of all super hero movies are crap. Sorry I just think they're too cheesy and predictable, I always wonder why people enjoy them? I guess im the weird one.