By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Batman vs. Superman was amazing! Everything I wanted it to be! -I have a free ticket too, details inside

How did you like it?

great 47 24.61%

good 33 17.28%

ok 16 8.38%

meh 12 6.28%

bad 37 19.37%

biased me. 1 0.52%

other post below 0 0%

See results 45 23.56%

Total:191

I just got out of the theatre. I liked the movie but it could of been better. Maybe because I've set crazy high expectations.

Ben Affleck was great as Batman. Loved Wonder Woman and I can't wait to see her movie.I even enjoyed Luthor more than I thought I would. The way the story is told at times is shaky, but other than that I really liked it. Will probably go see it again.

Also that moment when we saw Aquaman.... Oh boy, I had a fangasm.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
spurgeonryan said:
What made it a "just ok" for you? To much, too little? The fight was great! Ofcourse I love to see Superman not just easily do whatever he wants. Being all powerful takes the fun away. Lex was not as annoying as I was expecting either. Although I could see he was trying to get some Heath ledger/Johnny Depp props. Luckily he did not copy them too much.

Some bad CGI, tonal excesses, the plot is a tad convoluted, and Lex Luthor was somewhat weak. Also the movie doesn't go anywhere, I just think it doesn't stand on its own. Some poor attempts at making "puns", which Marvel does better, they should stick with the all dark. On the bright side, fuck the reviewers who said it's not fun, it's not suposed to be a comic and light-hearted movie. Same criticism with Watchmen when it came out and that was amazing. I liked the symbolism with Superman, Batman background, some fights were amazing and, well, I was skeptic about the movie but they really shout my mouth. I know when to back off and I admit I painted myself a picture of the movie reading reviews that I don't agree with. And it's definitely an improvement over MoS. Like miles away. I really must not take into account super-hero movies reviews, as they don't really seem to know anything about the original source. 

What was convoluted about the plot? There are a lot of things happening but nothing too hard to follow.

Lawlight said:

What was convoluted about the plot? There are a lot of things happening but nothing too hard to follow.

Yeah, it's not hard to follow, but too many things happen at the same time, which makes it sometimes a tad overwhelming. It's not over-complicated, but I think it'll benefit if it was a bit more straight-forward. 

That's good to hear. I was a bit concerned from the recent score on Rotten Tomatoes.

I was planning to see it tomorrow anyways xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Volterra_90 said:
Lawlight said:

Yeah, it's not hard to follow, but too many things happen at the same time, which makes it sometimes a tad overwhelming. It's not over-complicated, but I think it'll benefit if it was a bit more straight-forward. 

Fair enough. I personally like movies that aren't too straightforward but still make sense.

Around the Network

Episode 1 has stronger critical acclaim, so I won't be wasting my time with this one.

A friendly reminder to everyone that the OP once called Devil's Third the best game on Wii U. ;)

Glad to hear you liked it, Boogie2988 said it was great...on the other hand, his wife was pissed. She's upset she even went, indicating she'd rather stay home w/ the dog hah. If it matters, she's a die hard Batman fan. Interesting to hear the different takes :)

Regardless though, glad you enjoyed it.

In my opinion, the guy acting as "Lex" or Lex's son (Jesse Eisenberg), did a great job doing a Jim Carry impersonation.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Just seen it and to be honest it was pretty bad but it redeemed itself with the last hour which was pretty spectacular. But overall the film is painfully average, it honestly feels like Michael Bay directed it. The first hour was just a incoherent mess with a whole lot of random scenes thrown around one after another. This movie felt very like a very desperate attempt from DC to kickstart their universe as they threw in way too much stuff and it really damaged the films narrative. I think the directors cut will be a whole lot better as it felt like they cut a whole lot of stuff relevant to this film just so they could build their universe.
But the positives are Ben Affleck as Batman was fantastic, everything about him was great. The films visuals are stunning, i really love Snyder's style, he can really pull off some visually striking scenes even if the CGI itself is wonky at times. The soundtrack was amazing, to be expected when Hans Zimmer is at the helm. And lastly the fight scenes were intense and the choreography was great, especially with batman.
Overall i enjoyed it but i wouldn't call it a good movie.