By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX controller revealed to be a fake by leaker!

I can't believe that so many people believed it. Still, it brought some hilarious posts/threads here and elsewhere on the internet. 

Hi

Around the Network

Boo. It took a turn for the boring outcome. :(

I admit, I believed it at first sight but then I began to see the issues with the actual design which calmed my spirits quite a bit. The confidential sticker was jank, the camera wasn't placed properly (i.e. you don't shoot a camera from the bottom of a device), no bumpers, no handles, no actual screen footage. If you were bold enough to leak a Nintendo high priority/secret console controller, then you wouldn't have second thoughts about showing the OS GUI. Glad this is over. And this thread won't blow up like the other one because people wanted this because they knew it meant they could make fun of Nintendo. Too bad!

Wow....

That is some scary good photo shopping....
Did he make the 2nd leaks as well? those later leaks looked so real, no way I thought they could be a photoshop job.

I was torn. The image was really well done, but the concept just didn't make sense as the next controller. Good job.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:

The NX is probably the biggest secret the industry has had in years and coming up with some convincing fakes would be a good way to get some free advertising or attention.  The second Nintendo (even if it was unofficial) said the image was fake, that was all the convincing I needed because if it were real, Nintendo would have gone into full "SHUT IT DOWN" mode or would have said something along the lines of 'no comment'.

Exactly people seem to forget what happens when something big from Nintendo actually leaks like the SSB4 roster leak where Nintendo took down videos about it and recently with MetalDave where the guy out of nowhere removed everyone of his videos with Nintendo rumors and didn't want to talk about it after yet did nothing for a week with this one

Wright said:

Boo. It took a turn for the boring outcome. :(

Boring?  Now we have three more months of wild speculation!

ahah knew it :O

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Well played. That must be the most legendary fake leak in years! :P

I didn't really get behind this rumor because it just seemed too dumb.

Something in my brain said NIntendo can't be this out of touch.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)