By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Two Explosions at Brussels Airport, Explosion at Maelbeek metro, at least 10 people died

An other normal day in Europe.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
Barkley said:

84% of the world population has a faith, how do you suggest killing religion, holocaust 2.0?

Extreme and stupid reaction to religious extremists, 0.1% of religious people commit attrocities, so religion must die. 

Not to mention I very much doubt the sole intentions of terrorist organizations are purely religious, I'm very sure that what they are doing is for power as well, killing religion would not stop terrorism, Religion in many cases is just a front for their attacks.

you kill it with information, skepticism, critical thinking, education... that's what kills religion and supersticion, not holocausts or violence. so yes, it must die the same way older religions died, you don't see many Zeus and Odin believers nowadays either

Alright, you wake up tomorrow and religion has disappeared off the face of the earth. So what changes? Do terrorists cease to exist? Does war stop happening? Does crime disappear? Or are we now just changing the scape goat.

Its wrong to persecute a belief system based on the idea of a corrupt leader, just the same as its wrong to persecute science because of those that exploit it in bad ways.

Im agnostic and have been the past decade. But I still see positive value behind religion. 

Yeah. What did we expect, really?

aLkaLiNE said:
setsunatenshi said:

you kill it with information, skepticism, critical thinking, education... that's what kills religion and supersticion, not holocausts or violence. so yes, it must die the same way older religions died, you don't see many Zeus and Odin believers nowadays either

Alright, you wake up tomorrow and religion has disappeared off the face of the earth. So what changes? Do terrorists cease to exist? Does war stop happening? Does crime disappear? Or are we now just changing the scape goat.

Its wrong to persecute a belief system based on the idea of a corrupt leader, just the same as its wrong to persecute science because of those that exploit it in bad ways.

Im agnostic and have been the past decade. But I still see positive value behind religion. 

Terrorism largely would go bye bye. War wouldn't cease, but a large chunk of that would go down the tubes too. Who would be left to go to war on what basis? Every major country now is interrconnected because of their economies so going to war with each other for idelogical reasons wouldn't make sense. 

Europe is so stupid, i cant believe im moving there. I should go back to peaceful new Zealand where no body bothers us.

Around the Network

Another one to one the long list.

With euro 2016 coming in 3 months, is the worst yet to come?

aLkaLiNE said:
setsunatenshi said:

Yes, it will mean that the biggest reason for terrorism is gone. Religion is the biggest reason behind brainwashing people in to commiting terrorist acts.

As long as we'll only be able to think "Kill them all !" or "Don't judge them !", we'll get nowhere.

Hatred is not a solution, but being blind isn't one either.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

News certainly shook me up, Brussels is only a 40 min train ride from Ghent. I've travelled via Brussel Zaventem multiple times... My heart goes out to victims and their families.

ratuscafoarterea said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Yes, it will mean that the biggest reason for terrorism is gone. Religion is the biggest reason behind brainwashing people in to commiting terrorist acts.

Ok... If religion is the cause of most terrorism, why did al Qaeda target the twin towers instead of the Vatican? Let's start there.