By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Two Explosions at Brussels Airport, Explosion at Maelbeek metro, at least 10 people died

The policy of supporting the "revolution" in Syria is unraveling horrifically. There are hundreds of these European "rebels" brutalizing civilians there everyday. These people live in first world countries and have all the opportunities to excel in life and this is what they end up doing, ruining the lives of others

In the end it is only the civilians who suffer while the leaders make statements of defiance etc etc

My heart goes out to those who suffered in the attacks

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Gamemaster87 said:
maybe I used the wrong words. This organisation is even called IS which is short for Islamic State. They do this for religious reasons. And if their goal is to kill people then it can be the meaning of religion. Religion must fade away. It kills people and doesn't have any use in the 21st century. And don't come me with "believing in god gives people faith". I can also get faith through other things.

If someone needs religion he could do this in his own way, but these large religious organizations must die.

Thats ignorant and arrogant in so many ways.Just because you dont need it that means people wont need it too?You subestimate the number of people that depend on religion, as a means to keep on living.Many people with depression get better because of religion.What are you gonna say to them?Get a new hobby?Cmon.

and extreme patriotism can be as dangerous as extreme religious people.Killing off religion wont stop terrorist atacks or wars, not in a significant way.There are manu reasons for war, but nowadays are more about gaining more power and getting more resources, not religion.

If you really want to help depressed people then go to them actually help them to feel better and don't tell them "Pray to God and he'll help you". That won't help them.

aLkaLiNE said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

Maybe it's because USA is 70% Christian and it's viewed by easily brainwashed muslims into comitting islamic terrorism, as a Crusade nation? How about that, for a start? Yes, I know that Saudi Arabia and the USA political class are hand in hand when it comes to the ussual buissnes, but that doesn't changes the fact that your everyday low class brainwashed muslims will see USA as a Crusade enemy.

The ironic part being that most Americans are brainwashed into thinking that Islam is violent or condones suicide.

I guess religion is serving as a scape goat indeed, as some of you seem to believe that's why this is happening.

I'm not American, I'm Eastern European, and if you think that Islam doesn't condome comiting violent acts against others beliefs , you're an ignorant. Read the Quran.

Crazy shit, but when you allow people who hate and want to kill you into your land this is what happens.

Europes future are civil wars, or mass deportations now.

Religion is just an idea. A system of belief. Ideas can become dangerous when beliefs become corrupted. Its easy to cast a net on religion because we understand that they aren't accounts of reality but works of fiction.so when people take up so called religious causes its easy to point fingers. But corrupted beliefs don't stem exclusively from religion. Money and greed are way more dangerous as the beliefs that flow from are the source of most crime and suffering.

And then of course there are actual people who have lost something and just want revenge. The real source of the terror you see today is a mixture of many different elements.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Religion is just an idea. A system of belief. Ideas can become dangerous when beliefs become corrupted. Its easy to cast a net on religion because we understand that they aren't accounts of reality but works of fiction.so when people take up so called religious causes its easy to point fingers. But corrupted beliefs don't stem exclusively from religion. Money and greed are way more dangerous as the beliefs that flow from are the source of most crime and suffering.

And then of course there are actual people who have lost something and just want revenge. The real source of the terror you see today is a mixture of many different elements.

Yeah how many people do you see willing to blow themselves up over other "ideas" like the theory of relativity? Religion is a life style for a lot of people. 

A lot of generalizations and extreme statements about others. This thread is clearly going nowhere good. These kind of topics will not be locked when we learn how to discuss them in a balanced tone.