By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Two Explosions at Brussels Airport, Explosion at Maelbeek metro, at least 10 people died

terror in Europe won't stop. I don't know what I'm supposed to say to that. But obviously these are again religion wars. Do you see why religion must die? It kills people. That's not what it meant to be for. I mean, how will this end? How many innocent people will lose their lives?

Be sure to check this out for all the details: www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-35869266

My thoughts are with all who died in Brussels, lost relatives and friends and those who are in Brussels and try to get to a safe place.

Around the Network
Gamemaster87 said:

Do you see why religion must die? It kills people.

84% of the world population has a faith, how do you suggest killing religion, holocaust 2.0?

Extreme and stupid reaction to religious extremists, 0.1% of religious people commit attrocities, so religion must die. 

Not to mention I very much doubt the sole intentions of terrorist organizations are purely religious, I'm very sure that what they are doing is for power as well, killing religion would not stop terrorism, Religion in many cases is just a front for their attacks.

Barkley said:
Gamemaster87 said:

84% of the world population has a faith, how do you suggest killing religion, holocaust 2.0?

Extreme and stupid reaction to religious extremists, 0.1% of religious people commit attrocities, so religion must die. 

Not to mention I very much doubt the sole intentions of terrorist organizations are purely religious, I'm very sure that what they are doing is for power as well, killing religion would not stop terrorism, Religion in many cases is just a front for their attacks.

you kill it with information, skepticism, critical thinking, education... that's what kills religion and supersticion, not holocausts or violence. so yes, it must die the same way older religions died, you don't see many Zeus and Odin believers nowadays either

Barkley said:
Gamemaster87 said:

I would like you to enlighten all of us how did you came to the conclusion that gaining power is behind all of these terrorist atacks. I mean, I could see someone gaining power using religion as an excuse for their terrrorist actions, but that still validates what OP has said. Also, it's funny how OP didn't said anything about "holocaust 2.0", it's you that suggested the idea. Did it ever crossed your mind that religion can be killed trough time, if it's not forced on to the new generations that is .... Of course that doesn't work in most muslims countries where the notion of freedon of choice doesn't exist.

God dammit, those terrorists dont give up.My thoughts go to the family and friends of the victims

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

My poor little country on fire right now, my heart is breaking reading and seeing the reports :(

All this shit happening on that side of the EU has never made me so happy to be living in the SouthWest of Ireland, couldn't be further away from it unless I go out for a swim.

This is awful and the people behind or which ever group (if it is one, it could be a crazed single person) is behind it should all be held accountable for this and punished to the point of removal from society. The closest thing we could achieve to a naughty step of, "doesn't play well with others" Just give them their own little island that they can blow each other up on and all be angry together were we don't have to listen or be afraid of rubbish like this.

I just seriously think that anyone who is capable of something like this has no idea what it is like to build something, and I mean anything, build a wall, a building, a relationship with another person.... a family or children, because if they did they might understand what it means to destroy those things with acts like this.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

setsunatenshi said:
Barkley said:

you kill it with information, skepticism, critical thinking, education... that's what kills religion and supersticion, not holocausts or violence. so yes, it must die the same way older religions died, you don't see many Zeus and Odin believers nowadays either

You also forget that religion helps people that are in the brink of desperation, and that needs to put faith in something?You may not believe it, but i know people like this.

Barkley is right on this.These terrorists atacks are not really about religion.At least not for the leaders.It is more of an instrument to gain power for their group, and they use the excuse of religion to recruit people of weak mind/easily fooled for their own gain.If religion were to be extint, these terrorists would just find a new excuse(patriotism, or fight for their country as a example) and keep going with the atacks.And the only thing that would get destroyed is the support of those people that have a religion, a faith, as a true need to leep on living.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Didn't mean to imply that the OP wanted to start "Holocaust 2.0" just saying that religion wouldn't be "killed" in any other way.

Also It's my policy to never enter religious discussions in an online forum because nothing good ever comes from it But saying "Religion must die" is really quite offensive imo. But yeah I'm leaving the thread as I have no desire to be described by athiests as uneducated, blind, illogical, stupid etc, which is always the case on forums.

I drove my father yesterday to the airport (Zaventem) and this morning I woke up this news...Sjeez was close.