By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Two Explosions at Brussels Airport, Explosion at Maelbeek metro, at least 10 people died

f***ing extremist muslims....

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

Yes, it will mean that the biggest reason for terrorism is gone. Religion is the biggest reason behind brainwashing people in to commiting terrorist acts.

Ok... If religion is the cause of most terrorism, why did al Qaeda target the twin towers instead of the Vatican? Let's start there.

Because the Vatican didn't have troops in Saudi Arabia for the first Gulf War? 

prayers are with the victims, so glad I live in New Zealand where this stuff doesnt happen.

maybe I used the wrong words. This organisation is even called IS which is short for Islamic State. They do this for religious reasons. And if their goal is to kill people then it can be the meaning of religion. Religion must fade away. It kills people and doesn't have any use in the 21st century. And don't come me with "believing in god gives people faith". I can also get faith through other things.

If someone needs religion he could do this in his own way, but these large religious organizations must die.

aLkaLiNE said:
setsunatenshi said:

you kill it with information, skepticism, critical thinking, education... that's what kills religion and supersticion, not holocausts or violence. so yes, it must die the same way older religions died, you don't see many Zeus and Odin believers nowadays either

Alright, you wake up tomorrow and religion has disappeared off the face of the earth. So what changes? Do terrorists cease to exist? Does war stop happening? Does crime disappear? Or are we now just changing the scape goat.

Its wrong to persecute a belief system based on the idea of a corrupt leader, just the same as its wrong to persecute science because of those that exploit it in bad ways.

Im agnostic and have been the past decade. But I still see positive value behind religion. 

religion gives a perfect cover for these acts to be considered 'moral' by a % of the world population. take religion out of the equation and you make it a lot harder to radicalize people to commit such acts.

you're a lot less likely to have people volunteering to be suicide bombers if they realize there's no afterlife to go hang out with. perhaps you will remove a lot of tension by telling these people they have a ton of enjoyment they can have with life (for example a sexual revolution), instead of having groups of young guys having to act out their frustration in violent ways.

as Hitchens put it so nicely, name me a moral act commited by a religious person that has not or could not be commited by an unbeliever...

Around the Network

It is hard everyone in Belgium knows zaventem and went their and the major airport for EU workers aswell.

So far 11 death in Zaventem and around 10 in the metro but that last number can still change...

http://gu.com/p/4hym7/swa

Well shit, there were rumours..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

aLkaLiNE said:
ratuscafoarterea said:

Yes, it will mean that the biggest reason for terrorism is gone. Religion is the biggest reason behind brainwashing people in to commiting terrorist acts.

Ok... If religion is the cause of most terrorism, why did al Qaeda target the twin towers instead of the Vatican? Let's start there.

Maybe it's because USA is 70% Christian and it's viewed by easily brainwashed muslims into comitting islamic terrorism, as a Crusade nation? How about that, for a start? Yes, I know that Saudi Arabia and the USA political class are hand in hand when it comes to the ussual buissnes, but that doesn't changes the fact that your everyday low class brainwashed muslims will see USA as a Crusade enemy.

Organised Religion, ideologies, Politics, Power... It can all be destructive and mostly interlinked. I'd dare argue politics is at the heart of it really.

And it is truly tragic. I feel especially bad as there are countries for which this is a daily/weekly occurence and we pay no mind. Everyone in brussels stay safe x

Gamemaster87 said:
maybe I used the wrong words. This organisation is even called IS which is short for Islamic State. They do this for religious reasons. And if their goal is to kill people then it can be the meaning of religion. Religion must fade away. It kills people and doesn't have any use in the 21st century. And don't come me with "believing in god gives people faith". I can also get faith through other things.

If someone needs religion he could do this in his own way, but these large religious organizations must die.

Thats ignorant and arrogant in so many ways.Just because you dont need it that means people wont need it too?You subestimate the number of people that depend on religion, as a means to keep on living.Many people with depression get better because of religion.What are you gonna say to them?Get a new hobby?Cmon.

and extreme patriotism can be as dangerous as extreme religious people.Killing off religion wont stop terrorist atacks or wars, not in a significant way.There are manu reasons for war, but nowadays are more about gaining more power and getting more resources, not religion.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1