By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Are you going to buy PSVR?

Yes 366 47.53%

No 226 29.35%

Maybe 178 23.12%

Total:770
SvennoJ said:
KLAMarine said:

This scares me too. Also, what if this tech is harmful for your eyes?

What if human beings weren't meant to travel faster than horseback :p

Anyway you don't have to use the headphones, or you can probably mix the ps eye camera microphone over the headset.
Plus how loud do you need to set your headphones before you can't hear the fire alarm, not to mention you can still smell the smoke!
Phone on vibrate, another problem solved.

Better not drink at home or use any other substances. Keep your eyes locked on the door at all times and don't fall asleep. It's a dangerous world!

This is my favorite anti-VR argument. If where you live is so dangerous that you can't use a VR headset for fear of being harmed, VR isn't the issue with your living situation! hahaha

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
KLAMarine said:

Anyway you don't have to use the headphones, or you can probably mix the ps eye camera microphone over the headset.
Plus how loud do you need to set your headphones before you can't hear the fire alarm, not to mention you can still smell the smoke!

Better not drink at home or use any other substances. Keep your eyes locked on the door at all times and don't fall asleep. It's a dangerous world!

Normchacho said:
SvennoJ said:

This is my favorite anti-VR argument. If where you live is so dangerous that you can't use a VR headset for fear of being harmed, VR isn't the issue with your living situation! hahaha

SvennoJ said:
KLAMarine said:

Indeed you are right but the potential for harm to the eyes is what worries me most.

KLAMarine said:

Indeed you are right but the potential for harm to the eyes is what worries me most.

There are indeed some concerns with LED light giving off some UV rays that can be damaging.
But I find it kinda funny that articles on that tell you to go outside for a break. The sun's UV light is far far stronger! The brightness on these screens doesn't have to be very high, which is key to how much damage it can do. Your eyes survive a sunny day, a VR headset screen probably isn't even visible in broad daylight. I can't see whether the WiiU gamepad is on out in the sun for example. Staring at your phone in broad daylight is probably worse, and people seem to be fine with that.

You know, you can disagree with me, but ridiculize my legitimate thoughts... that's just sad. I'm not against VR because I'm scared of what could happen while I'm playing. All the things I said could happen while I'm sleeping, and that doesn't mean I'm awake 24/7. I'm against VR because I don't like that something so secondary and pointless as gaming distanciate me so much from the here and now. It's just ridiculous to me. I put those extreme examples because the potential risk of those things happening just because playing fucking and shitty videogames is SAD.

Oh hey, my house was set on fire. Why did you took so long to realize? Because I was playing videogames with a giant helmet and headphones.

Oh hey, I've been robbed while I was in my own house. How the shit did that even happen? Because videogames.

Around the Network

Definitely not interested.

Yes I'm in! When the price drops a little though.

the-pi-guy said:

"My house could start on fire"

"My gold fish and daughters could be getting raped and murdered, respectively."

"There are ghosts in my bathroom"

:-O

They should really think of moving. 

Because frankly that kind of environment sounds way too dangerous to sleep in.  You could say "I can't sleep" for the exact same reasons. 

Leave an earbud out.  PSVR is really easy to remove.  Problem solved... 

B-b-but what if i live on my own island and a meteor crashes down on me and kills me. The PSVR would not help me at all in that situation. 

Checkmate. No buy from me >:)

I'm going to wait and see with VR in general before deciding if it's something i want, but i currently think it's more likely i'll pick up an Oculus Rift. If PSVR gets enough exclusive support though (and if i like the Oculus, assuming i do get that first), then i definitely will get one down the line.

Gonna wait and see too but if I do get one it will Vive or Rift. Right now I think Vive is the best one.