By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Are you going to buy PSVR?

Yes 366 47.53%

No 226 29.35%

Maybe 178 23.12%

Total:770
AEGRO said:

The PSVR PU (Proccessor Unit):

Hey! Thanks for the info here! I really love that PC master race picture haha.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:

Hey! Thanks for the info here! I really love that PC master race picture haha.

No problem bro!

So, PSVR, You in?

Ans: It depends on the games.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
iamRockman said:
Areym said:

I mean, sports champions was alright but then there was nothing. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'm getting the same vibe but I really hope I'm wrong. Prove me wrong, Sony.

This, i feel we are going to get a bunch of minigames compilations that you play for a few hours with some friends and that's it.

I hope with all my heart that they really invest money, care and time into VR and not just Kinect the whole thing. I've wanted VR for as long as I can remember.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

4k1x3r said:
nanarchy said:
No, VR still isn't quite baked yet, maybe in 5 years when we are a few more generations advanced and they have fixed resolution and FOV as well as worked more on eye strain issues. Also at that price I think it is going to struggle, many people struggle to afford a console let alone a $400 accessory.

What you think matters very little compared to the shit ton of market research they've done for this price. Yes, it's not cheap, yes, lots of people will struggle to buy one. But we have seen how the PS4 has struggled despite starting at 399 too ? Huge struggle right.

This thing might not sell like hot cakes, but be sure that it will be the market leader.

A better comparison is how the PS3 struggled (almost drowned) at $500-$600 launch price. This is priced at $700+ to play (console + accessory). It will struggle, Sony also confidently claimed people will run out and get a second job to pay for a ps3, maybe a 3rd job for a psvr?

Around the Network

I might buy a PSVR bundle for 799 That includes PS4/PSVr/All Controllers and Games. I did not plan on it but the costs are so low compared to upgrading my PC and Oculus that. I might spend that money just for the exclusive games. Also S7 here I come. So I am going all in on VR.

the-pi-guy said:
Lawlight said:

The headset is very easy to take off. 

Don't have to get sucked into it for 3-4 hours at a time, if that's an issue then I'm not sure what you're doing with your current gaming.  (If you are gaming at all, if you're not  gaming then that would be a far more sufficient reason to not get one.) 

3-4 hours go by quick if you're playing good games.

Waiting for VR in general until I tried it out.

nanarchy said:
4k1x3r said:

What you think matters very little compared to the shit ton of market research they've done for this price. Yes, it's not cheap, yes, lots of people will struggle to buy one. But we have seen how the PS4 has struggled despite starting at 399 too ? Huge struggle right.

This thing might not sell like hot cakes, but be sure that it will be the market leader.

A better comparison is how the PS3 struggled (almost drowned) at $500-$600 launch price. This is priced at $700+ to play (console + accessory). It will struggle, Sony also confidently claimed people will run out and get a second job to pay for a ps3, maybe a 3rd job for a psvr?

It doesn't really make sense to say it costs $700 because it uses the PS4. That's like saying the Kinect is $500 or the Pro Controller is $350. Someone may choose to buy a PS4 partly because it offers PSVR, but it's not like that's the only thing it's used for, and it's certainly not like they've had trouble selling them on there own.

By the time PSVR launches there will very likely be around 50 million PS4 owners. I don't think they're overly concerned with getting non-PS4 owners to buy both the HMD and the console.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well, the camera and ps move sales is up big time so we can hope it will not bomb.