By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Are you going to buy PSVR?

Yes 366 47.53%

No 226 29.35%

Maybe 178 23.12%

Total:770
4k1x3r said:
nanarchy said:

A better comparison is how the PS3 struggled (almost drowned) at $500-$600 launch price. This is priced at $700+ to play (console + accessory). It will struggle, Sony also confidently claimed people will run out and get a second job to pay for a ps3, maybe a 3rd job for a psvr?

Did you just compare a bare console (the PS3) to a console + the whole VR package (PS4VR) to make your point? I wanted to elaborate further as to why your point of view is flawed and biased but I guess I'm losing my time again.

OT : I forgot to answer, neh I'm not in. Unless there's a game I'm sure I'll play more than a day then maybe I'll consider it. For now it doesn't feel compelling enough to justify the price (I play very little, and I play less and less as time goes by).

EDIT: Don't wanna get banned, this is already a chore in itself.

Unless you want to limit your audience to only those that already have a Ps4 and are interested in VR and can afford a $400 accessory then YES you do have to think of total cost.

Around the Network

Sad to see so many that say no.

I went to my favorite store today to pre-order, but he's not sure they'll get any in for launch. HQ told him not to take pre-orders :/ I'll be on the list when they get some anyway.

the-pi-guy said:
onionberry said:
400 plus the price of the camera... almost 500 but where are the good games for the tech tho? i'm genuinely asking, is there an amazing game for the PS VR?

What kinds of games do you like? 

action adventure, rpg, jrpg, some fps

the-pi-guy said:
Lawlight said:

3-4 hours go by quick if you're playing good games.

Sure, but do you feel like you're ignoring her if you're playing normal games?  

Not really - you can still talk and interact.

Around the Network

I ordered 3, 1 for each member of the family! we will never have to see each other again!

This is the PlayStation Social App and looks like so much fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK8tMwlZLEM

Vodacixi said:
Nope. For the same reason I cannot play videogames with headphones in a corner of my room. I like to know what's going on in my enviroment while I play. I want to hear if my roomate calls me. Or the phone. Or someone knocking at the door. Or if thieves come in. Or if the house is on fire.

This scares me too. Also, what if this tech is harmful for your eyes?

nanarchy said:
4k1x3r said:

Did you just compare a bare console (the PS3) to a console + the whole VR package (PS4VR) to make your point? I wanted to elaborate further as to why your point of view is flawed and biased but I guess I'm losing my time again.

OT : I forgot to answer, neh I'm not in. Unless there's a game I'm sure I'll play more than a day then maybe I'll consider it. For now it doesn't feel compelling enough to justify the price (I play very little, and I play less and less as time goes by).

EDIT: Don't wanna get banned, this is already a chore in itself.

Unless you want to limit your audience to only those that already have a Ps4 and are interested in VR and can afford a $400 accessory then YES you do have to think of total cost.

Well...isn't the bold always going to be a requirement? Whether they own a PS4 or not, for someone to buy this they need to be interested in VR, and be willing to pay for it...

and as I said earlier, saying it costs $700 to use PSVR is like saying it costs $500 to use Kinect, or saying it costs $360 to play Splatoon...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

KLAMarine said:
Vodacixi said:
Nope. For the same reason I cannot play videogames with headphones in a corner of my room. I like to know what's going on in my enviroment while I play. I want to hear if my roomate calls me. Or the phone. Or someone knocking at the door. Or if thieves come in. Or if the house is on fire.

This scares me too. Also, what if this tech is harmful for your eyes?

What if human beings weren't meant to travel faster than horseback :p

Anyway you don't have to use the headphones, or you can probably mix the ps eye camera microphone over the headset.
Plus how loud do you need to set your headphones before you can't hear the fire alarm, not to mention you can still smell the smoke!
Phone on vibrate, another problem solved.

Better not drink at home or use any other substances. Keep your eyes locked on the door at all times and don't fall asleep. It's a dangerous world!