By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Fox Zero adds invincible mode for beginners, internet reacts

Does this actually bother anyone here?

No 217 67.18%

Sort of 30 9.29%

YEs 46 14.24%

Other explain below 2 0.62%

see results 28 8.67%

Total:323

When I was really young playing Star Fox 64, I beat the game and had a chance to use my Game Shark and the games difficulty was so satisfying I threw the gameshark away. Theres no point in doing a barrel roll if you're not in any danger.  Much like any flight game I learned to multitask (which is what these games teach you). You're flying, shooting and evading all at once (and I dont just mean the bullets, but also the environments). It was too easy to crazy in Star Fox if you didnt have coordination. Doors would open and shut, and you would have to time your descent to catch a ring and go through a gate before you hit something and your plane would explode. Barrel Rolls saved by life numerous times.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
RJ_Sizzle said:
Why would you need this? What's the purpose of buying a game if it doesn't present some sort of challenge?

distraction for those too young to play video games.

Take baby, place him infront of tv, get him to mash buttons.... watch him beat the game, and have fun hitting the gamepad buttons.

Get a child a Nintendo Wii rudamentary motions.. This game is meant for a different crowd. I was pretty young when I first beat Star Fox 64, myself. Nintendo is trying to pander to a focus group that doesnt want real games if they are givng them invincible mode. This is exactly why the Wii was so popular and broke the mold. Most of the people who bought it werent gamers.

Complains....complains...
You know, some people always find something to complain in everything. Had Nintendo offered the game for free as a gift for WiiU owners and people still would complain.
What´s the problem with having an extra easy mode? I´ll never use it anyway.

(On a note, many (dumb) people complained about the difficulty of Fast Racing Neo without even trying to play the game.... I feel the same here)

Typical internet. People complain that Nintendo doesn't add difficulty modes in their games. Then when they do, they still complain. Look, as stupid as an invincible mode sounds, it is probably meant for inexperienced players to get used to the game more than anything. I can't imagine too many people would have a lot of fun playing on the beginner mode.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Kotastic said:
Why do people care if it's optional?

Care? Utter nonsense is utter nonsense. Why can't people accept that?

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

The only people I can see complaining about this are those who know they will be tempted to use it but who don't want to admit it.

my 4 year old will love this!!!!

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Player2 said:

That won't work, you have to give the player the false impression that they're accomplishing something even if they play like garbage, that's why games are plagued with things like auto-aim, jump assist, regen health or have checkpoints every five minutes.

On the other hand playing in "beginner" mode requires oneself to accept that you aren't any good, hence the backlash.

Wouldn't it be better if instead of invincibility, the easiest mode granted you all that? Or something like Resident Evil 4, where certain gameplay sections were blocked until you played on a higher difficulty?

Invincibility was a cheat (or an unlockable extra) back in the day. It was also one of the reasons why the Prince of Persia reboot was so terrible.

Anything that's optional should be treated with indifference by the ones who don't use it.