By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Fox Zero adds invincible mode for beginners, internet reacts

Does this actually bother anyone here?

No 217 67.18%

Sort of 30 9.29%

YEs 46 14.24%

Other explain below 2 0.62%

see results 28 8.67%

Total:323
S.T.A.G.E. said:
JRPGfan said:

distraction for those too young to play video games.

Take baby, place him infront of tv, get him to mash buttons.... watch him beat the game, and have fun hitting the gamepad buttons.

Get a child a Nintendo Wii rudamentary motions.. This game is meant for a different crowd. I was pretty young when I first beat Star Fox 64, myself. Nintendo is trying to pander to a focus group that doesnt want real games if they are givng them invincible mode. This is exactly why the Wii was so popular and broke the mold. Most of the people who bought it werent gamers.

That's very strong denial.

Around the Network

Wtf? Why would anyone even be mad at this? I highly welcome this for any game. I have nephews and nieces that are too young to be decent at games just yet. If anything, this should boost their confidence into wanting to do harder difficulties sometime in the future if they love the game enough.

T_T ..wish Dark Souls had this option xD

Star Fox Zero Damage

And I totally don't mind having this mode.  I agree that it is better to have this optional mode, than to change the game design to make the whole game easier...

I think they could come to a comprimise whereby the invincible mode remains, but it displays a large watermark over the entire screen: "You are playing baby mode, you are not a real gamer, everyone will look down on you, scum."

Around the Network

Lol no problem with this.
But I'm also glad Dark Souls isn't developed by Nintendo.

It's there for people that want it. Same as if you don't like what's on TV or what you're listening to on the radio. Change the channel, turn the station, don't use the mode you don't want to use.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

the_dark_lewd said:
Lol no problem with this.
But I'm also glad Dark Souls isn't developed by Nintendo.

Because? It was retorical, I know what you're trying to say and it's wrong. Dark sould could have an invincible mode and the experience would change nothing for people that didn't select it.

Screamapillar said:
It's there for people that want it. Same as if you don't like what's on TV or what you're listening to on the radio. Change the channel, turn the station, don't use the mode you don't want to use.

No. The eqivalent would be if the show just told you the plot, and resolution, in one minute. And the episode is over. The conflict has to be removed. To be the same as invincible. This isn't a easy mode, or a trial mode. This is conflict remove mode.

JWeinCom said:
What kind of dumb fucks give a shit about how other people play their games?

The kinds that don't have friends, close family outside of those that stay upstairs from the basement, and meaningful relationships.