By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Fox Zero adds invincible mode for beginners, internet reacts

Does this actually bother anyone here?

No 217 67.18%

Sort of 30 9.29%

YEs 46 14.24%

Other explain below 2 0.62%

see results 28 8.67%

Total:323

Im personally not against it because i wont use it

Around the Network

Was expecting this thread to be from the NTH firm. I'm disappointed.

Not really an issue. Let the gamers enjoy the challenge, and turn down the difficulty for the lesser skilled players. Nobody seemed to be bothered that Yoshis Woolly world had the optional mellow mode. The internet seems to be full of morons these days.

Why would anyone be mad at this mode? I'm sure it took no efford to make, just program every attack to do 0 damage and you have an invincible mode.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Sounds like an interesting idea, for those who are happy to play the game on the hard setting... what difference does it make that someone else can choose to play the game the way they want to? I don't understand the issue.

I wonder will this be the second game which the 6 month old Street fighter champion baby will be besting :D Although Street fighter still will have taken him less time, regardless of how invincible he will be in SFZ

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Let's go, "hardcore as fuck" gamers attack. Newcomers have the same rights as hardcore gamers to enjoy the game. It's a nice way for them to get used to the motion control and gameplay mechanics without being frustrated.

Also I'm sure this is a minor issue that some publication took advantage for to do a clickbait article.

something is posted on the internet; internet reacts.

OT: They are also adding a harder difficulty. You can chose to use neither

Darwinianevolution said:
Why would anyone be mad at this mode? I'm sure it took no efford to make, just program every attack to do 0 damage and you have an invincible mode.

Such a mode would take you a matter of minutes to create with a Game Genie/Code Breaker or GameShark back in the day haha.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

To the Bloodborne comment: Bloodborne is a game rated Mature made for players who want an over the top difficulty and that is all about the challenge. Therefore, a mode where you don't take damage is completely out of place.

Star Fox Zero will be a game rated E for Everyone and like Miyamoto stated, will probably be the first action game for some kids. Therefore, a mode where you don't take damage and can freely fly a flippin space ship while shooting lasers is not a bad idea at all.

Star Fox Zero, as almost all previews stated, will have a solid difficulty curve and will provide a decent challenge on his normal mode. As long as we have that, I don't see were's the problem of having a completely optional baby mode where the kid can freely imagine his/her space adventure without a game over screen popping out.

If you are against it, don't use it. It's an OPTION. There are plenty of games out there with super easy modes that expressly exist to remove difficult so "players can enjoy the story". I've never picked that. I won't be picking invincible mode either.

It is far better for a game to have optional, easier difficulty than to have "butt hard controller throwing difficulty" only. Having options is almost always better than having no options at all. If you hate the idea of invincible mode, the solution is simple: DON'T USE IT. No one forcing you to. What concern is it of anyone how other people choose to play their games? Why would anyone feel the need to dictate what is acceptable there? This is silly.