By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Fox Zero adds invincible mode for beginners, internet reacts

Does this actually bother anyone here?

No 217 67.18%

Sort of 30 9.29%

YEs 46 14.24%

Other explain below 2 0.62%

see results 28 8.67%

Total:323

Hey look, an extra difficulty for those who need it.

I'm pretty sure 99% don't care, so we shall move on.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network
Soleron said:

Was expecting this thread to be from the NTH firm. I'm disappointed.

NTH would never succeed if the internet did not regularly surpass it.

I wonder how many people flipped out over IDDQD. Super Easy Modes have been around for a long, long time.

So have they added an extra difficult mode or not?

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

Player2 said:
kooltrex said:
This is the dumbest thing ever WHY NOT JUST ADD AN EASY MODE?!?!

To insult IGN reviewers and people like them who believe they're awesome but the truth is that they suck at gaming and will need it to finish the game.

Damn what a savage.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Around the Network
iamRockman said:

They have added a hard mode in the game as well as an invincibility mode. The hard mode will be where you can cause twice as much damage to enemies, but the amount of damage you get from enemies is increased as well.

iamRockman said:

Yes they have, I just made a thread about it. It's a glass cannon mode, so ur attacks are more powerful but u have much lower defense as well.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

LOL. Well, if Telltale can get away with making games that mostly play themselves, then Nintendo might as well do it too.

That there's extra modes of difficulty is good, a beginner mode is good. I don't care about this inclusion.

I do question what benefit to the gameplay this type of 'invincibility-mode' has though. As people said, you could likely just leave the controller on the floor and win the game. You say it's for small children so they can learn the gameplay concepts. But will they? We used to learn how to play video-games through trail and error, but how does one learn to get confortable with games if they're not learning from their mistakes?

S.Peelman said:
That there's extra modes of difficulty is good, a beginner mode is good. I don't care about this inclusion.

I do question what benefit to the gameplay this type of 'invincibility-mode' has though. As people said, you could likely just leave the controller on the floor and win the game. You say it's for small children so they can learn the gameplay concepts. But will they? We used to learn how to play video-games through trail and error, but how does one learn the get confortable with games if they're not learning from their mistakes?

It could help them learn enemy attack patterns or get accustomed to the map.

Or it can be like in Woolly World when Mellow Mode can be turned on or off whenever. You can play the normal difficulty for 90% of the game but turn on the invincible mode for levels that are giving you trouble.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.