By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where's Golden Sun Nintendo?

Tagged games:

Do you want another Golden Sun game?

Hell yeah, that game was awesome!!! 46 83.64%

No the game died out after the sequal. 9 16.36%

Total:55

When will Nintendo release another Golden Sun Game?

Both Golden Sun and Golden Sun The Lost Age were amazing Gameboy games. Especially when you finished the first one, you can transfer your file over to the 2nd game, and what you completed or missed in Golden Sun will affect your game in The Lost Age, like gaining the best weapon in the 2nd game required you to complete certent missions in the first.

They were one of my favourite JRPG games going around when I was playing games like FF7. Golden Sun offered a great story line, interesting world and amazing visuals for the time on handheld. It had great music and some of the best special attacks iv seen in a JRPG. they looked over the top and breath taking which added so much to the game.

I would love Nintendo even more if they could release another one, or even do a proper remake on the NX. I might be dreaming a little there.

I do know they lost their way a little with Dark Dawn on DS but don’t let one game throw away the franchise.

Come on Nintendo, release a new one please.

Thoughts on Nintendo’s Golden Sun? Should they make another one? Did you like it? Or am I the only one that saw potential in this franchise?

Around the Network

Golden Sun is a great franchise, would love to see it on the NX. I said before that it could've been Nintendo's FF

My guess is that the series is too closely tied to Camelot for anyone else to tackle it. Especially since Nintendo has other RPG series to work with. And Camelot seems to be pretty busy with their Mario Golf/Tennis games. That said, this means Ultra Smash being rushed could free up time/resources for a fourth Golden Sun. I could imagine it being released in 2017 as one of the latter big 3DS games.

Love and tolerate.

Dark Dawn was DS, not 3DS.

I played hours into Golden Sun on Wii U Virtual Console. What I played was pretty decent, IMO. Not really all that interested in the series, but there's still demand, so I'm sure a new game will come around again someday.

bet: lost

Not expecting another golden sun game anytime soon tbh.

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:
Dark Dawn was DS, not 3DS.

I played hours into Golden Sun on Wii U Virtual Console. What I played was pretty decent, IMO. Not really all that interested in the series, but there's still demand, so I'm sure a new game will come around again someday.

Thanks.

Fixed.

It's at game freak.

I recall the dev team saying if there was enough interest in the series, they would consider making another one.

I think it's time to make another fake leak to spark interest!

(I played and loved the GBA games, but haven't played the DS one. I would like to some day..)

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The same place F-Zero, and Wario Land are....

I Love Playstation, but my uncle works at Nintendo.

So, in theory Camelot could be working on a new one right now. Though i will say that they have lost their touch since the days of Shining force 3 and Golden sun.

But, dark dawn showed a problem with the series. It needs good graphics, not average ones. What makes the first two games great wasnt just the gameplay, but the presentation with amazing partcle effects for the gameboy advance.

The way i best envision a sequal is for the Wii U with speal effects reminiscent of the killer instinct game for X1. This would again raise the presentation levels to a point where the gameplay can shine. On 3DS, i don't see it working. And i will refrain from any NX speculation.