By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Where's Golden Sun Nintendo?

Tagged games:

Do you want another Golden Sun game?

Hell yeah, that game was awesome!!! 46 83.64%

No the game died out after the sequal. 9 16.36%

Total:55

Golden Sun collection on 3DS or NX would be awesome!

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Around the Network

Sad as it is to say, I just don't see a 4th one getting made. I loved the first game so much, and seeing a 4th one being made would be amazing, but I just don't think Nintendo thinks there is enough interest to warrant a new game. I honestly hope that Nintendo proves me wrong and has a 4th one in development. It certainly could happen, I just don't think it's very likely.

RolStoppable said:
I am quite indifferent to the IP. It's for the most part standard JRPG fare with its most distinct feature being plenty of puzzles in the dungeons, but that wore thin over time. The writing needs a big improvement, if there's ever another game.

I always thought of Golden Sun as a puzzle game more than an jrpg, and like you found the enviromental puzzles novelty wore off after playing both games.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Pavolink said:
How many of those are available on the Wii U VC? I downloaded 1 but have not started until I finish DQIV, V, and VI.

By the way, hope you enjoy the DQs.

DQV is amazing and have the best story of the DQs i played. DQVI is pretty good.