By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global (HW/SW) Totals - 06 Feb 2016 thru 05 March 2016

Nate4Drake said:

I was expecting MS to do a PR about the 20M mark; maybe they reached it but it's far below PS4 figures, so they avoided the PR ? Or they didn't reach yet the 20M mark, who knows...

There won't be an MS PR about hitting 20m. Even if it was at 22m, they wouldn't do it. It looks 'BAD'.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Qwark said:
The PS4 is doing quite well, Xone is still selling 80-100k on weekly basis which isn't all that bad. Wii U seems pretty much dead.

the Xone is selling equivalent to a handheld that is a few years older than it... I wouldn't call that 'good'

the Wii U isn't quite dead, 40k is SOMETHING. you can't call something dead if the next competition is only like a bit more than double it. also when is the last time a new Wii U game came out? the last few months have been pretty damn dry, so. if there had been some game releases then I would understand being suprised the Wii U sales are awful right now, but there haven't been

mountaindewslave said:
Qwark said:
The PS4 is doing quite well, Xone is still selling 80-100k on weekly basis which isn't all that bad. Wii U seems pretty much dead.

the Xone is selling equivalent to a handheld that is a few years older than it... I wouldn't call that 'good'

the Wii U isn't quite dead, 40k is SOMETHING. you can't call something dead if the next competition is only like a bit more than double it. also when is the last time a new Wii U game came out? the last few months have been pretty damn dry, so. if there had been some game releases then I would understand being suprised the Wii U sales are awful right now, but there haven't been

The X360 and PS3 sold around 100k for quite a while. It's a pretty decent baseline considering it gets you 8-10 million sales a year. Besides if 100k is not good than 40k for a newer console that can't even compete with an older handheld is abysmal. Zelda TP HD will be launching soon enough so I would have tought to see a growing line.

I can call something dead when one of it's competitor outsells it 7:1 which is a lot worse than 2.5:1. But we are entitled to our opinions I think the Vita is dead as well except for Japan, so it's not pure hate against Nintendo, I am even quite impressed with the performance of the 3DS. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

PSVita consistently outselling the Wii U. Really bugs me how Sony completely missed out on the potential of that little thing and now pretend like it doesn't even exist..

LesserAmygdala said:

PSVita consistently outselling the Wii U. Really bugs me how Sony completely missed out on the potential of that little thing and now pretend like it doesn't even exist..

Outselling Wii U is not that huge achievement ...

Around the Network

Those Wii U sales are beyond depressing.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Qwark said:

It's not like it did really matter much anyway, it is even getting outsold by the Xone by 2,5:1

I know, it just shows how little I've been paying attention to the numbers

[] [] [] {} [] 

Decent week for a dead period. PS4 very good as usual, good boost for PSV thanks to Gundam and the nth Zelda rehash sells well even on WiiU, but can't do anything for HW sales.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

why Bayonetta 2 declined so much on US even after the standalone version? vgchartz is tracking this version or not? (40-50 sales per week is way low)

PS4 should double xb1 by June early July.