By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global (HW/SW) Totals - 06 Feb 2016 thru 05 March 2016

PS4 is selling better and better year after year, X1 not bad, but so far away from PS4, and WiiU, don't know what to say.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
At this rate, it's 12 weeks before ps4 doubles xb1

Did MS release official figures ? 'Cause ,maybe, PS4 already has twice of X1 userbase; here we only have VGC estimate. By the way, it doesn't matter anymore; Just curiosity.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:

Did MS release official figures ? 'Cause ,maybe, PS4 already has twice of X1 userbase; here we only have VGC estimate. By the way, it doesn't matter anymore; Just curiosity.

Until we get cocrete numbers we've got to assume VGC is there abouts. I'm more inclined to believe it's not quite 2:1 at the moment. I'd be surprised if it wasn't 2:1 by the end of 2016 though.

The PS5 Exists. 

Man those PS4 sales. Incredible

GribbleGrunger said:
Nate4Drake said:

Until we get cocrete numbers we've got to assume VGC is there abouts. I'm more inclined to believe it's not quite 2:1 at the moment. I'd be surprised if it wasn't 2:1 by the end of 2016 though.

I'm almost 100% certain that ps4 doubled x1 before last holiday, but then last holiday pushed it up a bit. I truly believe that it probably doubled in late september or october.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I'm almost 100% certain that ps4 doubled x1 before last holiday, but then last holiday pushed it up a bit. I truly believe that it probably doubled in late september or october.

You might be right but it can only be conjecture right now, although it may well stay conjecture for the remainder of the generation if MS never shows sales figures.

The PS5 Exists. 

Rain2 said:
I thought Wii U was at 10 Million this whole time

It's not like it did really matter much anyway, it is even getting outsold by the Xone by 2,5:1

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Chrizum said:
rodea_sky_soldier said:

WiiU = ~ 12.8 milion (05 march 2016)

Mario Kart 8 = 7.24 million (Official numbers at 31 Dec 2015)

Mario Kart sold amazing despite the abysmal hardware sales, but the majority of those sales came from a time when Wii U was still somewhat relevant. The console is utterly dead now, and Zelda is still 8 months away.

I can't believe how weak Nintendo has been after the huge succes that the Wii was. The Wii U is about as expensive as the Xbox and PS4, but the demand is not there. The system itself is a dud and there's hardly any marketing push. It's like Nintendo gave up before they even tried.

Yes, it´s amazing (in a sad way) how they went from a generation that saw both their highest selling home console and handheld ever, straight to a generation with the exact opposite (at this point I don´t think there´s any chance of the 3DS surpassing the GBA).

Was the PS4 adjusted down?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

GribbleGrunger said:
Nate4Drake said:

I was expecting MS to do a PR about the 20M mark; maybe they reached it but it's far below PS4 figures, so they avoided the PR ? Or they didn't reach yet the 20M mark, who knows...

Harriet Tubman.