By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think will get better support?

Ps4 322 58.02%

PC 168 30.27%

Results 65 11.71%

Total:555
MortienGerrux said:
Angelv577 said:

What I really wanted to say is that PC gaming isn't a option for me so PSVR wins by default.  I didn't word it right.

And why is PCVR not a option for you? Because of stereotyping and misinformation?

I've been both a PC and console gamer for over 15 years...

No,  its just that I have never been interested in PC for gaming, that's all.  If I am a console only gamer, what choices do I have.  It is similar to console exclusives.  I will always choose the console version for the same reasons.

Around the Network
Hardcore_gamer said:
JNK said:

Advantages Ps4:

- Big Company Sony backs it up (pays developer for (exclusive) VR games)

- Ps4 very successfull, PSVR probl cheaper, more consumers

Advantages PC:

- High end PCs are more powerfull - more possibilites

- Pc allows mods, so the community could make games VR-able

Seriously do you think Sony got more money than Facebook ? Do you think Sony got enough money to make more  AAA game exclusive for VR and ps4 ? mostly you will see on PSVR will be indie games and maybe two or three AAA games . It's true ps4 making money for Sony but do they other stuff making money for Sony too ? 

I mean Sony has about twice the assets and more than 10 times the staff of facebook.

These things matters the most when it comes to developing and maintaining a platform. 

Areaz32 said:
Hardcore_gamer said:

Seriously do you think Sony got more money than Facebook ? Do you think Sony got enough money to make more  AAA game exclusive for VR and ps4 ? mostly you will see on PSVR will be indie games and maybe two or three AAA games . It's true ps4 making money for Sony but do they other stuff making money for Sony too ? 

I mean Sony has about twice the assets and more than 10 times the staff of facebook.

These things matters the most when it comes to developing and maintaining a platform. 

Not to mention decades more experience in gaming.

mornelithe said:
Areaz32 said:

What exactly does Facebook Oculus VR, LLC have to do with a developer/publisher thinking:

"Wow, if we add official VR support to this game, we can have a big selling point for the game"

Sprash said:
Conina said:

Yeah, a tiny company like Facebook (more than 300 billion USD market cap) has no chance to keep up with a big company like Sony (less than 30 billion USD market cap), if they really want to be no. 1 of the VR solutions. ;)

So microsoft could easily be number 1 in the console business but they don't do that because of reason ;)

I think Microsoft would prefer to focus on other more profitable ventures. I don't think video games are Microsoft's biggest source of revenue.

Around the Network
MortienGerrux said:
mornelithe said:

What exactly does Facebook Oculus VR, LLC have to do with a developer/publisher thinking:

"Wow, if we add official VR support to this game, we can have a big selling point for the game"

What does that have to do with my statement that Sony has decades more experience in gaming?  It's true.  They do.  They also have more experience in implementing periphery into gaming (with allot more trial and error).  It's not a knock against FB, it's simply something Sony's worked on for a long time.  Frankly, I think Vive, Occulus and PSVR need each other.  In order for it to be more than just a niche thing.  

mornelithe said:

But Oculus has John Carmack as CTO, so it's a wash. ;)

Now I want a John Carmack / Mark Cerny epic rap battle to sort that out.

mornelithe said:
MortienGerrux said:

What does that have to do with my statement that Sony has decades more experience in gaming?  It's true.  They do.  They also have more experience in implementing periphery into gaming (with allot more trial and error).  It's not a knock against FB, it's simply something Sony's worked on for a long time.  Frankly, I think Vive, Occulus and PSVR need each other.  In order for it to be more than just a niche thing.  

They have experience in gaming, but not in VR. Palmer Luckey has been busy for VR for the past like 10 years.

Anyways, Sony can have as much experience as they want, the PS4 will still remain a closed platform.

zero129 said:
Angelv577 said:

What I really wanted to say is that PC gaming isn't a option for me so PSVR wins by default.  I didn't word it right.

Funny enough, i was just going to explain that this is what you most likely ment until i seen you already done it xD.

Thanks.  I guess you knew what I was trying to say because I have said it before but I still understand the confusion.  Need to be more careful in my wording.  

MortienGerrux said:
mornelithe said:

They have experience in gaming, but not in VR. Palmer Luckey has been busy for VR for the past like 10 years.

Anyways, Sony can have as much experience as they want, the PS4 will still remain a closed platform.

And if VR were standalone, that'd mean something.  VR isn't, however, I guess that's why VR hasn't really been on the publics mind for the past...10 years.

Yeah, the consoles being a closed platform really amounted to a whole hell of alot these past couple gens, didn't it?  I mean, the volume of AAA devs devloping exclusively for PC has just skyrocketed in that time, hasn't it?

And all that aside, you still seem to be brushing aside the fact that PC VR is going to be pretty expensive for the regular consumer, for quite a bit which will absolutely temper it's growth.  Prices will come down, certainly, but for the foreseeable future the cheaper solution for those interested in VR is going to be PSVR.

Btw, I do hope that all 3 solutions are successful, mainly to see the tech innovated upon in the future.  Since I have both the PS4 and a Gaming PC, all 3 succeeding benefits me more.