By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you think will get better support?

Ps4 322 58.02%

PC 168 30.27%

Results 65 11.71%

Total:555
mornelithe said:
MortienGerrux said:

I've already said in another thread that you only need a USB 3.0 cable and a HDMI 1.3 cable to run a Oculus Rift or HTC Vive. It's just a display. What requirements you need for games, depends on what you want to play in VR. GTA 5 will need more power then No Man Sky. Minecraft will need even less.

Yes, it's a display, however, it's already been widely, widely proven that certain games just don't work with it due to no fixed points on the screen.  Insomniac talks about this and why they put in a cockpit view for their Rigs game.  And it makes sense.   GTAV doesn't have much by way of fixed pieces of the HUD.  It has some, and I think if they tweaked it a bit, it'd be possible...but, we'll have to see.

Well there are hunderds of videos of it on YouTube.

The Virtuix Omni ones just show how dedicated modders can be:

Around the Network
MortienGerrux said:
mornelithe said:

Yes, it's a display, however, it's already been widely, widely proven that certain games just don't work with it due to no fixed points on the screen.  Insomniac talks about this and why they put in a cockpit view for their Rigs game.  And it makes sense.   GTAV doesn't have much by way of fixed pieces of the HUD.  It has some, and I think if they tweaked it a bit, it'd be possible...but, we'll have to see.

Oh yeah?  I'll bet that's totally cheaper than the Vive, PSVR, and OR.  Point well taken.

mornelithe said:
MortienGerrux said:

Oh yeah?  I'll bet that's totally cheaper than the Vive, PSVR, and OR.  Point well taken.

You totally need one of these to enjoy the game in VR /s

MortienGerrux said:
mornelithe said:

You totally need one of these to enjoy the game in VR /s

Yeah, and the PS4's going to sell 0 units over the next 2 years. 

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
MortienGerrux said:

What exactly does Facebook Oculus VR, LLC have to do with a developer/publisher thinking:

"Wow, if we add official VR support to this game, we can have a big selling point for the game"

What does that have to do with my statement that Sony has decades more experience in gaming?  It's true.  They do.  They also have more experience in implementing periphery into gaming (with allot more trial and error).  It's not a knock against FB, it's simply something Sony's worked on for a long time.  Frankly, I think Vive, Occulus and PSVR need each other.  In order for it to be more than just a niche thing.  

Well with the DK2 and absolutely doing nothing their were hundreds of games available. Oculus doesn't have to much, yesterday 30 games were released and the same day 7 other games joined. It is safe to assume that their will be hundreds in the summer.

konnichiwa said:
mornelithe said:

What does that have to do with my statement that Sony has decades more experience in gaming?  It's true.  They do.  They also have more experience in implementing periphery into gaming (with allot more trial and error).  It's not a knock against FB, it's simply something Sony's worked on for a long time.  Frankly, I think Vive, Occulus and PSVR need each other.  In order for it to be more than just a niche thing.  

Well with the DK2 and absolutely doing nothing their were hundreds of games available. Oculus doesn't have to much, yesterday 30 games were released and the same day 7 other games joined. It is safe to assume that their will be hundreds in the summer.

And?  

mornelithe said:
konnichiwa said:

And?  

Well in my book Oculus doesn't need exclusives, they have a community and since yesterday the community is already starting to make games work with CV1. In fact not a big fan of Oculus home, lets just say that in a couple of years I buy a different headset not from Oculus I can not play those games with that headset even worse have to buy game X again on steam/origin whatever to play it with that different headset.

konnichiwa said:
mornelithe said:

And?  

Well in my book Oculus doesn't need exclusives, they have a community and since yesterday the community is already starting to make games work with CV1. In fact not a big fan of Oculus home, lets just say that in a couple of years I buy a different headset not from Oculus I can not play those games with that headset even worse have to buy game X again on steam/origin whatever to play it with that different headset.

That's not what I was getting at.  I was saying they need each other to bring as many people into the VR fold, which 'should' bring more people in, just from word of mouth.  My thought the entire time has been that they need to have as many people trying this out as possible, because it's difficult to put into words, the experience of VR vs that of a monitor.

I'm not sure exclusivity is required for any of the devices.  Actually, to the contrary, I think an OR exclusive would be risky (Like Crysis, for example), because the hardware requirements would be so steep.  Though, Facebook can afford to bankroll a few high, high end games.  Still, for the time being, few people would be able to experience it until the PC hardware + OR hardware prices come down so that more people can hop on board.

Depending on who you ask,there are between 13 to 17 million VR ready PC's out there,against PS4's 40 million. Then there is a price difference of maybe $1000. It's a no brainer. PS4 will run away with this one.