By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is this going to be a really bad year for Nintendo?

Actually I think the year is looking cool, and better than 2015 for sure.

Around the Network
Metrium said:
It's already being a bad year for Nintendo. Even paper mario seems underwhelming (more like sticker star wich no one really loved instead of TTYD).

Other than these games that we seen on today's direct, I expect absolutly nothing on WiiU but Zelda. So NX imo is the absolute only saving grace for Nintendo this year.

If NX does'nt come out this year, Nintendo will rely purely on ZeldaU and Pokémon Sun/Moon. It will be bad for them, these two games will net them some money, but it will still be a disaster for their fan and even I will think twice before buying a other nintendo console. Remember 2011 when the ONLY game for Wii was Skyward Sword? Wii was barren for months and If I remember correctly it did'nt push a huge amount of ppl to rush and buy a Wii successor.

The current situation is unfair on Nintendo.  Is asking a lot of them to almost solely fly the flag for their systems.  Last few years of the Wii were fairly barren and now the Wii U has been the same.  I think it just shows its too much for 1 single publisher to push a console.  

2016 looks pretty barren again but this time we have the NX so maybe they've got a lot of aces hidden up their sleeve for that? 

Not really. It has Zelda U, so by default this is the best year WiiU ever had.

Okay without being totally biased, I'd say this year things are actually looking up. Plenty of releases, a lot of high(er) profile ones and Star Fox looks good now. Maybe not the top, but I'd say we've had way worse on both systems.

Mummelmann said:
I think the first three quarters will be bad and then a fantastic holiday season with lots of exciting things going on. Hang in there!

Dont forget E3. :)

S.Peelman said:
Not really. It has Zelda U, so by default this is the best year WiiU ever had.

Tottaly agree. :)

I am very hyped and I am sure there will be a few more surprises along the line!

Switch!!!

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Mummelmann said:
I think the first three quarters will be bad and then a fantastic holiday season with lots of exciting things going on. Hang in there!

Q1-Q3, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Final Fantasy Explorers, Project X Zone 2, Fire Emblem Fates, Twilight Princess HD, Mario & Sonic Rio 3DS, Pokken Tournament, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Bravely Second, Star Fox Zero, Disney Art Academy, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Lost Reavers, Mario & Sonic Rio Wii U, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII

That lineup might not be your personal preference but to say its bad seems a bit harsh.

My comment is more about the overall performance and perception of the company, rather than software releases. The thread title is a bit misleading if this wasn't what OP wanted opinions on.

That said; that software line-up is really not my cup of tea either. Star Fox and Dragon Quest might be the only ones I'd bother with (Star Fox a must have, Dragon Quest depends).

Yeah, the Direct yesterday sucked, but I'm still holding out hope that 2016 will be a great year for Nintendo. Obviously, it all comes down to whether the NX releases this year and what games it has at launch. Until then, TPHD will be awesome, Pokken Tournament looks promising I suppose, and hopefully Star Fox Zero can pull off a miracle and actually be decent. Not interested in Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE because even after seeing multiple trailers and footage from that game I still have no clue what the frack it even is.

bigtakilla said:
You forgot Paper Mario

Didn't mention Paper Mario because it was only given a vague 2016 release window. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in the second half of the year.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Wii U 2016 line-up is looking terrible.
Nintendo really needs to release NX this year.

The Nintendo Direct was solid, Q1/Q2 for the Wii U is not much different from its precious years. (3-4 good games, Pokken, Zelda TPHD, Star Fox and Paper Mario, Tokyo Fe. It's arguably better than other years where there was no an even spread between March and August.

Q4 should be great.