By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is this going to be a really bad year for Nintendo?

Goodnightmoon said:
Aerys said:
For Wii U yes, very bad, but it died in 2015

I'm pretty sure last year you said it died on 2014.

Is really impressive how a dead console is gonna get the bigger goty contender this year.

What? did he really do that? can you link the post?

Around the Network

For Wii U we're having Twilight Princess HD, Pokkén Tournament, Star Fox Zero (that finally looks interesting), Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE, Paper Mario Color Splash and Zelda U. It's not an amazing catalague (in fact, summer and winter are looking very empty) but for Wii U standards is not that bad either.

3DS has FE Fates, Kirby Meets Iron Giant, Bravely Second, Hyrule Warriors, Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII and VIII, Rhythm Motherfucking Heaven (I lost my shit when they finally announced it for the west), Pokémon Sun and Moon, Yokai Watch and Metroid Prime Federation Force. For 3DS it looks pretty damn solid if you ask me.

And then we have NX, which will almost certenely launch this year. A new console it's always an amazing event.

All in all, I think it's going to be a great year for Nintendo.

I thinks there's a threshold of fandom (any fandom) that if you cross it becomes unhealthy.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I think the first three quarters will be bad and then a fantastic holiday season with lots of exciting things going on. Hang in there!

Mummelmann said:
I think the first three quarters will be bad and then a fantastic holiday season with lots of exciting things going on. Hang in there!

Q1-Q3, Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam, Final Fantasy Explorers, Project X Zone 2, Fire Emblem Fates, Twilight Princess HD, Mario & Sonic Rio 3DS, Pokken Tournament, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Bravely Second, Star Fox Zero, Disney Art Academy, Metroid Prime: Federation Force, Lost Reavers, Mario & Sonic Rio Wii U, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Kirby: Planet Robobot, Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII

That lineup might not be your personal preference but to say its bad seems a bit harsh.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

The main reason Wii U was not emphasized is because it's about to be replaced.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I think it's on pair with 2015. I mean, I'm more interested in MTS#FE and Zelda than in Splatoon/SMM, which I loved back then. And we have some possibles: Starfox Zero and Paper Mario U which I'll keep an eye on them. 3DS has Monster Hunter, FE:Fates, Yokai Watch, MP:FF... I think it's good for a (maybe) last year of both platforms.

I'd rather take a "bad" Nintendo year over another destiny, cod, halo, forza, assassin creed any day.

There is some interesting stuff in the pipeline for Nintendo, but I'm not even going to consider a single purchase of anything Nintendo until they fully explain their plans about NX. I'm not going to buy stuff in the dark.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Wii U:
Paper Mario Color Splash.... a new Sticker Star Paper mario >_>' Noooooooooooooo!
Whats wrong with the normal rpgs? why all these stickers you collect gimmick.

3DS:
Bravely second, looks fantastic.
Dragon Quest VII - is a remake! holy shyt, its in 3D and looks so good.