By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Why is there evil in the world, if God is all-powerful and good?

Good and Evil only exist because humans created them or the concept. It's humans acting like gods and defining different things with these false-rules which change over time. Like the concept of infinity or perfection, these only exist if you accept the man-made rules.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Around the Network

If the christian god is real and what's written in the bible is also real, then it's because of free will and because evil aka selfishness comes from god. He's the source and creator of all things. Humans were created in his image. I interpret that as god used himself as blueprint in how he created humans, everything from our range of emotions, intellect, fear of loneliness, positive and negatives traits (pride, kindness, lust, courage, etc) all came from him because he is those things.

Aeolus451 said:
If the christian god is real and what's written in the bible is also real, then it's because of free will and because evil aka selfishness comes from god. He's the source and creator of all things. Humans were created in his image. I interpret that as god used himself as blueprint in how he created humans, everything from our range of emotions, intellect, fear of loneliness, positive and negatives traits (pride, kindness, lust, courage, etc) all came from him because he is those things.

I like to say that every believer creates God in his own image.

After all, no one consideres themselves to be evil. They may admit to have commited evil actions in the past, but their home-made god knows their reasoning behind those actions and knows how sincere their regret is.

And so, they conveniently are forgiven.

Jeez, can we all stop with this cr*p? Religion is coming down in all civilized countries, we can all stop bashing them now, okay?

Besides, when they're gone, something else will take their place as the movement to suppress freedom and justice. My bet's on "progressivism".

There are worms that infect the eyes of children, crawling around and causes immense pain, regardless of the free choices that child made.
Horrible diseases don't have much to do with free will then they strike someone.

This is why dualistic religions like Zoroastrianism fundementally make more sense than the abrahamic ones. At least in those, good and evil are equally strong forces that battle it out everyday and people's choices will tip the balance in that battle. A more harmonic world view IMO.

Being religious means having to answer impossible questions like that. I'm glad I don't have to do it.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

Which God are we talking about?

Volterra_90 said:
Because there's not such a thing as an interventionist God.

Except the god of the bible. He did some serious intervention.

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:
Volterra_90 said:
Because there's not such a thing as an interventionist God.

Except the god of the bible. He did some serious intervention.

True, hundreds of years ago (theoretically), and no one is here to tell us. How very convenient. 

I'm not denying God's existence, I'm an agnostic. But if God exists, I'm sure he/she/it let us at our own free will. 

hershel_layton said:

Not gonna be involved in this. Gonna see everyone huddle up and say, "Yea, god is a faggot!" as they burn down the cross and read their atheist bible.

I mean, do you think said omnipotent being cares about our morality viewpoints? He can kill us all if he'd like. He has the power to do what he wants. Of course he doesn't care if a few worthless human beings hate him. Good for them. He can enjoy killing them all later.

User was banned for this post.

~Ultrashroomz

If that is the case its not a benevolent God also its said he is supposed to.love human kind. 

If God is like this atleast Christianity is wrong also if he doesnt give a shit. Whats with the rules religious people have to follow. Why does God care if he doesnt care about our morality. 

Atheists have no Bible they simply dont believe in any of the many religions. 

spemanig said:
Free will.

Shiken said:

Free will

EDIT: LMFAO Spemanig we posted at the exact same time.  =P

Free will applies to humans only or have animals free will and why?  They were not eating any forbidden fruit. So why is there so much suffering and.death.for innocent animals?  Why do they feel.pain so.strongly whats the reason for their suffering?  God could have done a better job in designing the world less.cruel for them. 

Netyaroze said:
hershel_layton said:

Not gonna be involved in this. Gonna see everyone huddle up and say, "Yea, god is a faggot!" as they burn down the cross and read their atheist bible.

I mean, do you think said omnipotent being cares about our morality viewpoints? He can kill us all if he'd like. He has the power to do what he wants. Of course he doesn't care if a few worthless human beings hate him. Good for them. He can enjoy killing them all later.

User was banned for this post.

~Ultrashroomz

If that is the case its not a benevolent God also its said he is supposed to.love human kind. 

If God is like this atleast Christianity is wrong also if he doesnt give a shit. Whats with the rules religious people have to follow. Why does God care if he doesnt care about our morality. 

Atheists have no Bible they simply dont believe in any of the many religions. 

spemanig said:
Free will.

Shiken said:

Free will

EDIT: LMFAO Spemanig we posted at the exact same time.  =P

Free will applies to humans only or have animals free will and why?  They were not eating any forbidden fruit. So why is there so much suffering and.death.for innocent animals?  Why do they feel.pain so.strongly whats the reason for their suffering?  God could have done a better job in designing the world less.cruel for them. 

A There is nog god and all the suffering is mankinds own fault and god is not to blame since he doesn't exist 

(belief of an atheist). And all cruelties ever committed aren't predestined at all. Since humans can actually be way worse than ones imagination can allow.

B God doesn't care and we are just an experiment to see what intelligent beings do with free will 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar