Forums - Politics Discussion - Why is there evil in the world, if God is all-powerful and good?

Life is a jouney of evolution and completion through both kinds of events. The ones that can be controlled, and the ones that can't be controlled. What marks will be left on you, and how to choose to go on, both as a person, and as a civilization.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
KungKras said:

I'm not trying to argue for the existance of a god. The opposite.

The guy that constantly spoke to prophets and sent bears to kill kids and flooded the world just decided to go completely silent. That's ridiculus.

Maybe God is dead? :O. Nietzche was always right xDDDDD.

Nietzche is to gods what Shrödinger is to cats :)

I LOVE ICELAND!

KungKras said:

Nietzche is to gods what Shrödinger is to cats :)

Youtube is the cat expert, that's undeniable :P

Well, who determined that God is all-powerful? Where did the person get that information?

VGPolyglot said:
Well, who determined that God is all-powerful? Where did the person get that information?

Especially because in the bible (old testament at least) he's really not portrayed as omniscient or omnipotent.

Around the Network

Because it is a mythos that needs a devil to necessitate a savior. And being a mythos, it isn't real.

Psychotic said:

Jeez, can we all stop with this cr*p? Religion is coming down in all civilized countries, we can all stop bashing them now, okay?

Besides, when they're gone, something else will take their place as the movement to suppress freedom and justice. My bet's on "progressivism".

"Progressivism" or anything else is not going to be as restricting or rabid or brainwashy or violent as religion.

VGPolyglot said:

Retcons.

JWeinCom said:
VGPolyglot said:

Especially because in the bible (old testament at least) he's really not portrayed as omniscient or omnipotent.

Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty; Walk before Me, and be blameless.

Genesis 17:1

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

CosmicSex said:
Because it is a mythos that needs a devil to necessitate a savior. And being a mythos, it isn't real.

By far the most likely answer in this thread

Soriku said:
Psychotic said:

Jeez, can we all stop with this cr*p? Religion is coming down in all civilized countries, we can all stop bashing them now, okay?

Besides, when they're gone, something else will take their place as the movement to suppress freedom and justice. My bet's on "progressivism".

"Progressivism" or anything else is not going to be as restricting or rabid or brainwashy or violent as religion.

This modern "progressivism" may not grow as physically violent, but it's well on its way to being just as manipulative and restricting.