By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Killer Instinct the Arcade Fighting Game this gen?

Tagged games:

Does KI have the protential to last a Season 4?

YES! KI has such a great ... 83 47.70%

NO. KI will start to age ... 91 52.30%

Total:174

No it isn't they turned a great franchise into a parody of small addons. I'm too old for that shit. Give me a full game.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Goatseye said:
"You snubbed Street Fighter V (which, on a mechanics point, far outpaces KI and any of its seasons)"
LOL, and then he went on with Blazblue and Guilty Gear... get out of here man.

I agree, that’s where his logic makes no sense. There not bad games but there not even AAA games. SFV is arguable in terms of mechanics but to say BB or GG has better mechanics was actually laughable and sad at the same time. It seems he refuses to like KI regardless of how good the game really is. I respect opinions but this is having a straight out dig on KI.

Azuren said:

The issue I have is your opinion seems to be more based on what platform the game is available on after taking into account your reputation and post history. To blanket answer your question, though, Feeling and tight controls. KI is good, but it's by no stretch of the meaning the best. All it is is the Xbox Exclusive Fighter that Nintendo 64 fans may or may not be into.

Your comment (both in content and execution) show you really have no place discussing a whole lot about fighting games. Posts like this are better left for YouTube.

The problem here is I am not talking about Xbox, I am talking about Killer Instinct. Pin point where in my posts I am mentioning Xbox in fanboy terms? My Article title doesn’t even have Xbox in its name.

Have you been around gaming long? KI in its days on SNES and 64 were state of the art and a phenomenon to fighters at the time. It was one of the best going around and was a complete sell out at the arcades. Don’t let the Nintendo or Xbox exclusiveness cloud your judgment because it’s not going to seem as popular as fighting games on multiple platforms. KI was and still is up there with the best of them regardless who owns the IPs in my opinion.

If you don’t like my opinions or reputation because I am not one to follow the crowd then you shouldn’t be in here posting in my articles. This is about Killer Instinct and opinions on its quality and where it stands in the fighting genre not about me.

I could easily say the same thing about you and your reputation. Let’s move on.

So if I make a thread saying Uncharted stomps an absolute mudhole in Gears as a coverbased shooter and also Tomb Raider for being a better adventure game, you're not going to assume it had something to do with what platform it's on? Don't you lie to me, of course you would.

And I've been gaming longer than I've been housebroken. And guess what? Killer Instinct was only ever "that fighting game on N64". No one cared about its SNES iteration because (and I'm getting this nauseating feeling of dejavu) Street Fighter existed. And it wasn't even second stringer at the time: Mortal Kombat was. Killer Instinct was less fun than shock gore. And I never argued it wasn't good. I argued that there are better. 

And I don't care about whether or not you follow the crowd. What gets my goat is the inkling suspicion that you're just pushing a console bias agenda. Otherwise this would be a thread among what the definitive fighting game is for 8th gen, not claiming one. 

And yeah, I like PlayStation. I also like Sega, PC (to a degree), and Nintendo. I have the platforms, merch, and games to prove it. The only point you could possibly make is that I hate Xbox, which isn't true: I hate Xbox 360 (for continuous embarrassing hardware failures and the inability to fix it until 7th Gen was over) and Xbox One (for telling their consumers to suck it only to heel-face-turn when stocks start to wiggle, claiming they were "listening to the fans" after two months of ignoring one of the largest video game movements on Twitter ever #Nodrmps4). Xbox was great and had a controller made for man hands, plus KOTOR.

But this has gone on long enough. If it hasn't already been made clear, you are a minority here in this thought, so arguing it with you is pointless. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azzanation said:

Since the departure of Double Helix, many including myself went on to think that KI would drop from its outstanding quality. Knowing Iron Galaxy was going to take charge I had many doubts on KI’s future. Seems to be one of the best moves I have seen so far. Not only has Iron Galaxy continued the amazing quality that KI has, its surpassing what Double Helix achieved which was incredibly high.

Is Killer Instinct the arcade fighting game this generation? It has the best variety of fighting characters I have seen and has some of the best balance fighting I have played. Its net code and visuals are amazing, it has an unrivaled sound track and its gameplay is top notch. Season 3 is looking set to continue this thread.

Not only is KI getting a visual upgrade in Season 3, its next line of characters and stages look set to blow KI out of the water again.

Here is a list of Killer Instinct Season 3 rumoured characters coming soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KogFrcMOstI

Kim Wu

Archer

Tusk

Serpent/Medusa

Rash

Vampire/Hunter

Shadow Orchid

Eyedol

Gargos

Arbiter

Apart from KI’s 2013 release with its lack of content, I cannot fault the game. KI has come a long way. It has set the bar for fighting game standards this gen and is going to be a hard game to beat. Once you play KI, it’s very hard going back to its slower competitors.

Only those who haven’t played KI would not understand the brilliance of this game.

KI Season 3 releases in March 2016.

EDITED POST - Comparing Arcade Fighters to Arcade Fighters. I love Smash however Smash isnt the same type of game as what im trying to compare KI too. I consider Smash a Brawler then an Arcade Fighter. Lets compare apples to apples not apples and oranges please.

Well, in every thread you make I can see a giant bias against PS, not to mention Nintendo hidden behind a "critical analysis of games or tendencies"... M$ must pay you high money to make these threads with no sense. Dont get me wrong, Im not trying to be mean or something, but I can assure you most of people who reads your threads agree that when they try to correct something from your OP you usually disqualify their opinion because this or that... Or say things like "yeah that is a very good game, and I even play it a lot, but mine still better"

Just saying that your biased threads are getting old dude...

Why you even put a poll, if you try so hard to convinve everyone that KI is the best there is for this gen and disqualify their opinions...

Anyway, this gen is lost for Xbone... Ive got one just because of MCC and have no other use for that fat machine...

So yeah, if you wanna fight a lost fight, keep it up, just dont try so hard or you'll get dissapointed.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

sabvre42 said:
Not surprised to see this thread (in duplication of Snoopy's thread), by this author.

And as a reply... no. MKX is still THE best of the generation fighting game at the moment.

Only if you don't take into account balance, roster and online performance. It did have the content though.

My opinion is that GGXrd revelator is looking like the fighter of the generation. SFV in 2 years and hopefully KoFXIV.

Azuren said:
Azzanation said:

I agree, that’s where his logic makes no sense. There not bad games but there not even AAA games. SFV is arguable in terms of mechanics but to say BB or GG has better mechanics was actually laughable and sad at the same time. It seems he refuses to like KI regardless of how good the game really is. I respect opinions but this is having a straight out dig on KI.

The problem here is I am not talking about Xbox, I am talking about Killer Instinct. Pin point where in my posts I am mentioning Xbox in fanboy terms? My Article title doesn’t even have Xbox in its name.

Have you been around gaming long? KI in its days on SNES and 64 were state of the art and a phenomenon to fighters at the time. It was one of the best going around and was a complete sell out at the arcades. Don’t let the Nintendo or Xbox exclusiveness cloud your judgment because it’s not going to seem as popular as fighting games on multiple platforms. KI was and still is up there with the best of them regardless who owns the IPs in my opinion.

If you don’t like my opinions or reputation because I am not one to follow the crowd then you shouldn’t be in here posting in my articles. This is about Killer Instinct and opinions on its quality and where it stands in the fighting genre not about me.

I could easily say the same thing about you and your reputation. Let’s move on.

So if I make a thread saying Uncharted stomps an absolute mudhole in Gears as a coverbased shooter and also Tomb Raider for being a better adventure game, you're not going to assume it had something to do with what platform it's on? Don't you lie to me, of course you would.

And I've been gaming longer than I've been housebroken. And guess what? Killer Instinct was only ever "that fighting game on N64". No one cared about its SNES iteration because (and I'm getting this nauseating feeling of dejavu) Street Fighter existed. And it wasn't even second stringer at the time: Mortal Kombat was. Killer Instinct was less fun than shock gore. And I never argued it wasn't good. I argued that there are better. 

And I don't care about whether or not you follow the crowd. What gets my goat is the inkling suspicion that you're just pushing a console bias agenda. Otherwise this would be a thread among what the definitive fighting game is for 8th gen, not claiming one. 

And yeah, I like PlayStation. I also like Sega, PC (to a degree), and Nintendo. I have the platforms, merch, and games to prove it. The only point you could possibly make is that I hate Xbox, which isn't true: I hate Xbox 360 (for continuous embarrassing hardware failures and the inability to fix it until 7th Gen was over) and Xbox One (for telling their consumers to suck it only to heel-face-turn when stocks start to wiggle, claiming they were "listening to the fans" after two months of ignoring one of the largest video game movements on Twitter ever #Nodrmps4). Xbox was great and had a controller made for man hands, plus KOTOR.

But this has gone on long enough. If it hasn't already been made clear, you are a minority here in this thought, so arguing it with you is pointless. 

Quote - *So if I make a thread saying Uncharted stomps an absolute mudhole in Gears as a coverbased shooter and also Tomb Raider for being a better adventure game, you're not going to assume it had something to do with what platform it's on?*

Where in my post am I bringing up Xbox and Playstation and that KI stomps Street Fighter etc? You are bringing fanboyism into this thread and it’s not welcomed. You can hate Xbox all you want, doesn’t change the games quality.

Quote - *I hate Xbox 360 (for continuous embarrassing hardware failures and the inability to fix it until 7th Gen was over) and Xbox One (for telling their consumers to suck it only to heel-face-turn when stocks start to wiggle, claiming they were "listening to the fans" after two months of ignoring one of the largest video game movements on Twitter ever #Nodrmps4).*

After reading this post, now I know why you think Guilty Gears and BlazBlu are better games than KI. You are a pure fanboy and anything positive about Xbox you have to downgrade. Even posts stating positives things about some of the games and you’re here to make it look like they’re not great. The fact you’re bringing Xbox and Playstation in here is pure shame.

(Note all fighting games are on PC or coming to PC, keep your console wars out of my threads)

I say no more.

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI-Quality

Around the Network

I agree killer instinct is the best fighting game this gen with ease. Street fighter 5 is crap , it looks good but content and gameplay suck. Mortal Kombat is a great overall package but its gameplay still needs some polishing .
Smash bros is for the second best this gen

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

I think I remember KI history very differently. KI was big in Arcades because it had death moves and 2.5D backgrounds unlike Street Fighter or MK, but it was never bigger than either of the 2, especially Street Fighter.

SFV at the moment is the best in terms of fighting mechanics. As you say about KI,it's easy to get into. In fact it's the easiest from any SF I've played. The V mechanics, critical art and Ex gauge as a package have added huge layers of depth into the game. Ex gauge changes moves, V Skill can add a whole new dimension to how you fight, whether it is Cammy dodging fireballs or ryu parrying moves. The V release can completely change moves, speed and add elements and power up to characters or simply allow combo breakers.

This is before looking into CFN, the potential it has and the ability to earn characters and costumes for free. Hidden quirks and light transitions in stages and how CFN stores replays of matches for you.

Before the whole "FM is a grind" begins, from beating story mode and survival mode on easy with 3 players I've earned 185k. Beating survival on easy with 13 other players will bring me to 245k. That's enough to unlock 2 fighters and a costume.

Yeah, keep sleeping on GG Xrd-r

gooch_destroyer said:
Yeah, keep sleeping on GG Xrd-r

The GG games are on a whole different level when it comes to game mechanics, speed and skill required to master. I wish I could be that good to be worthy of playing GG at a passable level.