By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Killer Instinct the Arcade Fighting Game this gen?

Tagged games:

Does KI have the protential to last a Season 4?

YES! KI has such a great ... 83 47.70%

NO. KI will start to age ... 91 52.30%

Total:174
AEGRO said:
Snoopy said:
Killer instinct = best arcade fighter this gen.

You missed the IMO.

No, it is everyone who isn't biased.

Around the Network

Right now? Yes off
And that's not an opinion

could change in the future and with the release if the new Tekken and kof

Ahahaha. No.

Because guilty gear is here, same for mortal kombat, and even SF5 6 months later.

Still waiting for Virtua fighter 6.

A lot of Posters going off topic here. Please stick to the thread.
Interesting poll results, seems like a Season 4 KI is very likely basing off the popularity.
Here is my opinions on other fighters and why KI is the best one I’ve played so far.

SFV I am liking for what it is right now but it is not even comparable to KI S1 let alone KI S2. SFV is like having this really cool gun with no targets to shoot. It’s a major tease right now.

Guilty Gear Xrd is fun and I love the art style however the characters and story line just don’t match the incredibly over the top KI roster and visuals KI brings to the table. I mean Riptor, Spinal and Fulgore just to name a few are just too badass and fun just to watch let alone play. I just can’t seem to like or fall in love with the toons in GG.

Mortal Kombat X was fun for 3 hours, then after seeing all the X-Ray moves and fatalities it become very generic and I actually got bored very quickly. Plays ok but it’s become very slow and predictable. Has a cool story mode but I find MK lacks gameplay.

Tekkon 7 is going to be amazing but to say it’s going to be better is an assumption because we all thought SFV was going to be the king of fighters on launch and look what happened. It’s become 2016 most disappointment game so far in my books (Until the updates hit) sitting on a 3.3 Meta on User ratings and 3,628 reviews = Mixed on Steam. These aren’t numbers you want to see for a game.

Blazblue I tried it out on sale on Steam, it’s not bad but it’s nothing fantastic either. Just felt like another generic fighting game trying to earn its strips. BlazBlue and Guilty Gears are not really my type of games, I think there aimed for a different audience.

Where KI kills it for me is the learning curve of the game and the incredible speed it brings to the table. All its characters feel really balanced and unique. Not one character in KI resembles another. They all play differently and they all have their own cool effects and look amazing. KI also offers one of the best sound tracks I’ve heard (Sound and Music is important to me) and the adrenaline pumping gameplay never gets boring, getting off crazy combo numbers or breakers feels so good. I have had the game installed on launch and have not once uninstalled the game. I’ve always gone back to it. Tekken 7 has a lot to live up to in my books because KI (in my opinion) has set the standard so far and with Season 3 offering another bunch of unique characters and stages plus adding a visual upgrade, I can’t see KI losing ground right now.

Those that have played KI will know exactly what I’m talking about. Fanboyism aside, try out KI S2 now and give your thoughts before judging it. The game is just incredible and clearly the best KI game I’ve ever played and that’s saying something.

Snoopy said:
AEGRO said:

You missed the IMO.

No, it is everyone who isn't biased.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

A lot of Posters going off topic here. Please stick to the thread.
Interesting poll results, seems like a Season 4 KI is very likely basing off the popularity.
Here is my opinions on other fighters and why KI is the best one I’ve played so far.

SFV I am liking for what it is right now but it is not even comparable to KI S1 let alone KI S2. SFV is like having this really cool gun with no targets to shoot. It’s a major tease right now.

Guilty Gear Xrd is fun and I love the art style however the characters and story line just don’t match the incredibly over the top KI roster and visuals KI brings to the table. I mean Riptor, Spinal and Fulgore just to name a few are just too badass and fun just to watch let alone play. I just can’t seem to like or fall in love with the toons in GG.

Mortal Kombat X was fun for 3 hours, then after seeing all the X-Ray moves and fatalities it become very generic and I actually got bored very quickly. Plays ok but it’s become very slow and predictable. Has a cool story mode but I find MK lacks gameplay.

Tekkon 7 is going to be amazing but to say it’s going to be better is an assumption because we all thought SFV was going to be the king of fighters on launch and look what happened. It’s become 2016 most disappointment game so far in my books (Until the updates hit) sitting on a 3.3 Meta on User ratings and 3,628 reviews = Mixed on Steam. These aren’t numbers you want to see for a game.

Blazblue I tried it out on sale on Steam, it’s not bad but it’s nothing fantastic either. Just felt like another generic fighting game trying to earn its strips. BlazBlue and Guilty Gears are not really my type of games, I think there aimed for a different audience.

Where KI kills it for me is the learning curve of the game and the incredible speed it brings to the table. All its characters feel really balanced and unique. Not one character in KI resembles another. They all play differently and they all have their own cool effects and look amazing. KI also offers one of the best sound tracks I’ve heard (Sound and Music is important to me) and the adrenaline pumping gameplay never gets boring, getting off crazy combo numbers or breakers feels so good. I have had the game installed on launch and have not once uninstalled the game. I’ve always gone back to it. Tekken 7 has a lot to live up to in my books because KI (in my opinion) has set the standard so far and with Season 3 offering another bunch of unique characters and stages plus adding a visual upgrade, I can’t see KI losing ground right now.
Those that have played KI will know exactly what I’m talking about. Fanboyism aside?, try out KI S2 now and give your thoughts before judging it. The game is just incredible and clearly the best KI game I’ve ever played and that’s saying something.

You snubbed Street Fighter V (which, on a mechanics point, far outpaces KI and any of its seasons), Guilty Gear Xrd (which outpaces in both mechanics AND flair), Mortal Kombat X (I'll give you that, MK hasn't been good in a long time, and arguably never was), Tekken 7 (A game that isn't even out, whose name you misspelled, and are judging it based on... SFV?), and BlazBlue (which trumps KI for the same reason GG does)... and then you have the gall to say "Fanboyism aside"? Az, you're pushing a kind-of-okay fighter over legitimately great fighters. And this kind-of-okay fighter also happens to be the only one exclusive to a console that you are notorious for defending and pushing.

Maybe once in a while, step back and examine yourself? Or at very least, the content you post. Because when you spend an entire post stepping all over good fighting games only to push your Freemium fighting game, it just makes others take you less seriously.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Namiirei said:

Ahahaha. No.

Because guilty gear is here, same for mortal kombat, and even SF5 6 months later.

Namiirei said:

Is that even gonna happen? lol!

And why is everyone forgetting about King of Fighters XIV?

tiffac said:
Namiirei said:

Is that even gonna happen? lol!

And why is everyone forgetting about King of Fighters XIV?

We haven't, but we're trying really hard.

I kid.

Or do I?

Nah, I don't like KoF.

Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

It is? According to?

Smash can be considered many genres, but its discribed as a beat 'em up and resembles more a beat 'em up then a fighting game. To say Smash plays anything like SF/KI/MK etc is like me saying Splatoon is FPS.

http://www.nintendo.com.au/catalogue/super-smash-bros-brawl

Labeled fighter however fighter can mean many things just like shooting can mean many things.

the fighting mechanics in Super Smash Bros are arguablly MORE advanced than other fighters, hence why Smash has one of the biggest tournament circuits in the world for gaming (when talking about fighters)

a traditional 'beat em up' is not a game in which you're in an arena with 1-3 other opponents fighting them to the death. A 'beat em up' is typically and adventure game where you walk through linear levels punching and kicking and killing waves of enemies

no reason to mis label what Smash is

if Smash isn't a true 'fighter' then there is NO true fighter. Again, in terms of combo possibilities and the variation of attacks nothing is more diverse than Smash. 

again, note that the individual 1-1 pro tour for Smash (particuarly Melee) is bigger than practically any other fighter game in terms of tournaments

no one goes to tournaments to play Smash as a 'party' game. and party is an objective term. Friends can sit around the couch and screw around playing each other in Street Fighter just like they can with Melee, the only big differen being that Smash Bros is not confined to 2D and occasionally adds item options and things