By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the recently leaked Pokemon games be 6th gen or 7th gen?

Tagged games:

Will the recently leaked Pokemon games be 6th gen or 7th gen?

7th gen for the 3DS. 68 58.12%

7th gen for the NX. 17 14.53%

6th gen for the 3DS. 21 17.95%

6th gen for the NX. 3 2.56%

They are fake, Nintendo is trolling us. 8 6.84%

Total:117

Welp. Call me back when there's actual fucking info. Biggest waste of time ever. They didn't need a Direct for this. Let's all remember that ORAS revealed the same info by just dropping names. Such fucking bullshit.

Around the Network

The Direct came and went, and we still don't know if this is a new gen or not. Compatibility with Pokemon Bank and the VC releases is fine, though.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

mZuzek said:

Lol you salty because against all of your solid proof and evidence, in the end it actually is a new generation?

It's not a new generation. It literally confirmed nothing but names and a release date.

mZuzek said:

Lol you salty because against all of your solid proof and evidence, in the end it actually is a new generation?

I was saying it could only be gen 7 and I'm still salty. Direct was trash from every angle.

Trailer pretty much confirms that it's a new generation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzDL1l3Fag

Skip to 1:30 when they list the titles. Not one spinoff is shown, they just straight up show us each main generation entry. No Platinum, no Yellow, no B2/W2.

This is Gen 7.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

So you're telling me that sequence where they show all the first games of each generation, completely ignoring sequels, remakes and third versions, and ended it with Sun/Moon does not imply that this is absolutely a new generation?

Okay.

In this case where it's the first time a sequel game takes place in a completely new region with a completely different naming scheme? Yes. It absolutely doesn't imply a new generation.

Yesh! Gen7. I couldn't stand it that other gaming sites were talking about "Pokemon Z" like it was confirmed or something. I think we're past that 3rd game phase. There's no reason for it really. I would have liked to stay in gen 6 if X2 or Y2 were a thing but we're past that. No more 3rd child offspring for Pokemon. Yay!

spemanig said:

In this case where it's the first time a sequel game takes place in a completely new region with a completely different naming scheme? Yes. It absolutely doesn't imply a new generation.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/

"Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are coming out for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family in holiday 2016, with a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover!"

EDIT: Sorry, double post :(

I think it's a new gen, yeah, based on that little information and Nintendo's brief statements after the Direct.