By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the recently leaked Pokemon games be 6th gen or 7th gen?

Tagged games:

Will the recently leaked Pokemon games be 6th gen or 7th gen?

7th gen for the 3DS. 68 58.12%

7th gen for the NX. 17 14.53%

6th gen for the 3DS. 21 17.95%

6th gen for the NX. 3 2.56%

They are fake, Nintendo is trolling us. 8 6.84%

Total:117

I'd say gen 7 is the most likely.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network

I hope it's not 7th gen.

Mati_Intrieri said:
I hope it's not 7th gen.

Wynaut? It's realistically the only thing it could be, this coming from a once strong believer in Pokemon Z.

BasilZero said:

Its gonna be 7th gen.

Which honestly isnt surprising considering they've done this at least two times before.

GBC = 1st gen and 2nd gen
GBA = 3rd gen
NDS = 4th gen and 5th gen
3DS = 6th gen and now 7th gen

Of course if the leak is deemed false - greatest troll in a long time.

Imagine the tears that will be produced if this new set of games is mobile exclusive (iOS/android) and completely different from the mainline series.

No it's not going to be Gen 7. None of those games skipped their third version. Neither will Kalos. Sun and Moon are likely those games. Not even Serebii thinks is Gen 7.

ReubenAlexander said:

Gen 6.5?

lol. Maybe to you. You go ahead and call it that.... have a ball.

There's nothing else to call what I described. Gen 6 was clearly incomplete. This merely completes it.

Around the Network
spemanig said:

No it's not going to be Gen 7. None of those games skipped their third version. Neither will Kalos. Sun and Moon are likely those games. Not even Serebii thinks is Gen 7.

First time for everything, just like your Gen 6.5 idea which I find unlikely because they may aswell just make it a new gen and reap the extra hype and excitement. Also, no third version ever had a title that didn't fit with the first two incase you're changing your stance to just 6th gen.

mZuzek said:
BasilZero said:

Its gonna be 7th gen.

Which honestly isnt surprising considering they've done this at least two times before.

GBC = 1st gen and 2nd gen
GBA = 3rd gen
NDS = 4th gen and 5th gen
3DS = 6th gen and now 7th gen

It was a bit different with first two gens, though. They did both run on both GB and GBC, but technically first gen was GB and second gen was GBC.

On the DS though, the DS's lifespan was prolonged with the DSi, so they released the 5th generation taking advantage of the new hardware while still being compatible with the original DS - it's probably going to be the same now with the 3DS and New 3DS.

Another one who thinks gbc and gb aren't the same system. It's no different from ds to dsi and 3ds to new 3ds.

Einsam_Delphin said:

First time for everything, just like your Gen 6.5 idea which I find unlikely because they may aswell just make it a new gen and reap the extra hype and excitement. Also, no third version ever had a title that didn't fit with the first two incase you're changing your stance to just 6th gen.

The 6.5 theory actually has facts that support it, and has had those since the day XY released. Gen 7 has none. If my argument for 6.5 was "first time for everything," I wouldn't be arguing it.

Its gonna be on 3DS no doubt, I think it is either gen 6.5 or 7. I made a short video explaining what I think as well if you want to check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGswTt2YdsM

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

spemanig said:
No doubt in my mind it's Gen 6.5. A few new Pokemon, a new region, and likely a patch to XY/ORAS with the new Pokemon so they are compatible. But it's 100% not Gen 7. That's for NX in 2017.

Celebration game then...?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.