By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the recently leaked Pokemon games be 6th gen or 7th gen?

Tagged games:

Will the recently leaked Pokemon games be 6th gen or 7th gen?

7th gen for the 3DS. 68 58.12%

7th gen for the NX. 17 14.53%

6th gen for the 3DS. 21 17.95%

6th gen for the NX. 3 2.56%

They are fake, Nintendo is trolling us. 8 6.84%

Total:117
Slarvax said:
I think trademarks dont necessarily much. Nintendo or GameFreak could use this like 10 years down the road.
If they just trademarked it, it hardly means they will use it right away.

Unless I'm being dumb and dont understand how trademarks work. That is more likely.

Yeah, you have a point, in that case it'd just weird timing trademarking the games just before the Direct. It would be kind of massive trolling xDDDD

Around the Network

It better be a new gen. I dont want anything to do with Kalos x.x

My guess is 6th gen on the 3DS

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Volterra_90 said:
Slarvax said:
I think trademarks dont necessarily much. Nintendo or GameFreak could use this like 10 years down the road.
If they just trademarked it, it hardly means they will use it right away.

Unless I'm being dumb and dont understand how trademarks work. That is more likely.

Yeah, you have a point, in that case it'd just weird timing trademarking the games just before the Direct. It would be kind of massive trolling xDDDD

That I agree with. I'm just saying, they wouldnt trademark a game before announcing it; they would trademark it early in development.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I have a feeling it's going to be gen 7

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
Volterra_90 said:

That I agree with. I'm just saying, they wouldnt trademark a game before announcing it; they would trademark it early in development.

You have a point, yeah. I guess we'll find out tomorrow :)

7th gen obviously. Why is this even a question

spemanig said:
No doubt in my mind it's Gen 6.5. A few new Pokemon, a new region, and likely a patch to XY/ORAS with the new Pokemon so they are compatible. But it's 100% not Gen 7. That's for NX in 2017.

Gen 6.5?

lol. Maybe to you. You go ahead and call it that.... have a ball.

7th gen for the 3DS. I was so sure it was gonna be Z, but clearly not based on these names. Technically they could still be Z/6th gen content-wise and are just using names with no relation whatsoever to X/Y for lolz, but cmon that'd just be stupid. Think I woulda preferred Pokemon Solar, Pokemon Lunar, but whatevs!

An extended verion of Kalos. Antoher region, but connected - just like Kanto and Johto