By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the recently leaked Pokemon games be 6th gen or 7th gen?

Tagged games:

Will the recently leaked Pokemon games be 6th gen or 7th gen?

7th gen for the 3DS. 68 58.12%

7th gen for the NX. 17 14.53%

6th gen for the 3DS. 21 17.95%

6th gen for the NX. 3 2.56%

They are fake, Nintendo is trolling us. 8 6.84%

Total:117
mZuzek said:

So your new argument is "first time for everything"? Huh, interesting.

I'm not sure if you're being ironic or not, though. There has already been a sequel game that takes place in a completely new region with a completely different naming scheme in the Pokémon franchise, and it was a new generation.

There's no point even talking about this right now. Nothing was shown.

Around the Network

I'm a....little surprised people are still denying it, but yeah, it's DEFINITELY 7th gen.. From the titles, to the trailer clearly linking it to generations 1-6, to the description on the website, it can't be anything else.

It's not really THAT out there to consider that this was developed in lieu of the typical "third game" in order to have an all new Pokémon game ready for the 20th anniversary. Though I do wonder what "it has all been leading up to this" means. Probably nothing, but a super huge Pokémon game that breaks away from the old formula and includes all the regions would be interesting.

spemanig said:

There's no point even talking about this right now. Nothing was shown.

That's because there's no longer any reason to now that we have confirmation. We were shown that it'll be new generation. End of discussion. Accept that you were wrong and move on.

New generation, the trailer pretty much confirmed it.

spemanig said:
Thunderbird77 said:

No, you're saying it won't be a new gen.

It won't be.

You were saying?

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

The Direct came and went, and we still don't know if this is a new gen or not. Compatibility with Pokemon Bank and the VC releases is fine, though.

spemanig said:
mZuzek said:

Lol you salty because against all of your solid proof and evidence, in the end it actually is a new generation?

It's not a new generation. It literally confirmed nothing but names and a release date.

Quoting both, It was very clear that Sun and Moon are the 7th gen.

Thunderbird77 said:

You were saying?

Yeah, I was wrong.

I'm really insterested to know wich real world location they will be basing the new region out of.