Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's HYPE Series: Graphics Showdown 2016

The Best Graphics Of 2016

Battlefield 1 7 10.77%

Final Fantasy XV 5 7.69%

Gears of War 4 2 3.08%

Quantum Break 3 4.62%

Uncharted 4: Among Thieves 48 73.85%

Total:65

I think so far Uncharted 4 is winning, but if game can top it this year, this game is Battlefield 1 (single player). Let's wait till E3 to get a good footage from campaign.

That said, Ratchet & Clank comes pretty close from my experience. Aside from the first planet, the visuals do feel like a playable CG (probably partially due to artstyle).

Haven't played the others so far, but they all look good.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Console: Uncharted 4
Overall: Of those in OP probably Battlefield 1 on PC at least with Ultra settings.

I mean, there might be stuff which will be better in Uncharted 4 (more detailed world or something) but without motion blur and with some stuff better in Battlefield 1 think Battlefield 1 will look better to me.

But who knows, maybe it won't look as I guess it will.

Gears 4 should be best looking on XBO. The beta didn't look that good but I have faith in them for singleplayer graphics with nice weather effects and so on. 

BraLoD said:
CGI-Quality said:

Nah, nothing bland about DOOM'svisuals. Not the best to release this year, but certainly not bad looking at all. Especially if you can max it.

The thing is not it looks bad, it doesn't, it looks boring, whenever you are, it all looks the same, it doesn't have a single interesting thing to look at.
At least from what I saw, which is the early game, btw.

It looks a lot like Doom 3 to me. Or at least how I remember doom 3.
My actual screenshots are a bit less detailed than my memories yet it feels similar.

The multiplayer footage reminds me a lot of Quake 3 Arena gameplay.
Anyway not as refreshing as Wolfenstein the new order. I agree with it all looking a bit boring.

My top 2 at the moment are Uncharted 4 and R&C. Both games are probably at the top of their league with the main difference being art style, but dear god, the level of detail in Uncharted 4 is beyond anything I've ever seen. It's borderline insane how they have created assets specifically for certain areas, rooms etc and how things like fruits in basket are all individual pieces with their own physics.

Around the Network

Few caps of mine, trying to avoid more spoilery stuff.

Compressed vids and press footage you're not sure is genuine doesn't quite prepare you for watching it running in real time right in front of you. Surpassed my expectations in many ways and is definitely my pick so far. Only one I think could end up topping it this year is Battlefield 1 but we'll have to wait and see. Really should manually upload some png's but I'm lazy.

My attempt at making U4 look as bad as possible

I got sidetracked by the detail in the fingers not much later, I thought that was cut scene stuff before, it's gameplay.

Damn amateur, forgot to hide the UI.
It's compressed too as I uploaded the png to FB via remote play, there should be an easier way.

I took 3 shots using the photo mode.

I used this on my facebook cover. my friends thought it was real. lol.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I am going to replay the game and spend 4-5 hours taking photos! 

SvennoJ said:

My attempt at making U4 look as bad as possible

You actually gave it a zombie movie vibe, which is kinda impressive. It's impossible to make this game look bad.

Need to post some of my pictures myself. And Sony should've made a photo contest.