Forums - Gaming Discussion - CGI's HYPE Series: Graphics Showdown 2016

The Best Graphics Of 2016

Battlefield 1 7 10.77%

Final Fantasy XV 5 7.69%

Gears of War 4 2 3.08%

Quantum Break 3 4.62%

Uncharted 4: Among Thieves 48 73.85%

Total:65

Despite being Alpha I think it looks pretty great from a visual standpoint.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Kowan said:

Yeah I think Ratchet should be up there. It's personally the best looking ps4 exclusive so far and I would put it above Mirror's edge even, in both style and art direction.

This one agrees. Added.

Great! I just hope the game gets a proper photo mode so more can share some gorgeous photos.

Here are some I took without photo mode.

For me, Uncharted 4 but all of them look great. A lot of gamers like to downplay ps4 and xb1 saying they are underpower but I'm more than happy with what we have.

Angelv577 said:
For me, Uncharted 4 but all of them look great. A lot of gamers like to downplay ps4 and xb1 saying they are underpower but I'm more than happy with what we have.

Who are these lot of people?, just folk in general?.

Honestly I strive for what I like in games which is to say good visuals and gameplay along with different art styles and assets. Different folk have different tastes and expectations throughout life.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

You should add Dark Souls 3. The graphics in that game are the best I have personally seen thus far in any game.

As for who will have the best by years end; I say Uncharted 4 or Mirror's Edge 2. Either way, there are a lot of beautiful games that are coming out this year!

Around the Network

I think Uncharted 4 is going to be the graphics king.

Also, the attention to detail in Uncharted 4 is amazing too. For example, mud on tires, clothing etc, can get wet and washed off.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Overall Uncharted 4... BUT ... let's see Gears4 new engine!!

In Sony We Trust!

Uncharted 4's looking the best, but I'd want to see more gameplay from Battlefield 1.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Ratchet is best looking

Uncharted 4 definitely takes the win, it looks absolutely amazing. I have only seen online footage of it, so if I'm wrong people can feel free to let me know. The rest are games I've played (at least the demo of), and others I don't talk about because I've only seen online footage and haven't experienced it myself (I know, a little hypocrisy on my part for adding this but not discussing others on the list), but I think it's safe to say Uncharted 4 just downright looks amazing on all levels. Yet again, feel free to correct me on this.

ROTTR pretty much blew my expectations out the door. A win in its own right, and one of the better ones on the list.
Gears Of War 4 was very impressive from the demo I played as well.
Quantum Break looked good, but there were several glitches throughout the game that really kept it from excelling IMO.
Final Fantasy XV I'd say is definitely the underdog of these (that I've seen first hand). It looks good but there are definitely problems graphically with low poly objects, some bad aliasing, some low res textures, pop ins, ect.

The rest I either only seen videos online, or haven't really seen, so I won't comment on them.

I also listed them in the order I would say they looked graphically.