By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Petition to boycott Sony reaches over 200,000 signatures

spemanig said:
hershel_layton said:

Women, always changing their word.
Imagine if someone proposed to Kesha.

2016: I do, I do agree!

(One year later at the day of her wedding)

2017: what? I never said i agreed!

Are you being satirically sexist? I'm just figuring out whether to smirk in knowing acknowledgement at a clever joke or ignore this post.

It's satirical. I hope you know that any stereotypes concerning genders are not serious(when they come from me).

Only reason I said the joke was because this is VGChartz. Had this been a different place, i would've been banned and crucified.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

People are dumb. In a weeks time it will be something else.

aLkaLiNE said:

Something smells fishy

Thats just her vajayjay.

It's a fucking smokescreen, people. Stop paying attention to this and start looking for things that are really important, like the Presidential Race or any of the stuff happening involving the middle east.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

hershel_layton said:

It's satirical. I hope you know that any stereotypes concerning genders are not serious(when they come from me).

Only reason I said the joke was because this is VGChartz. Had this been a different place, i would've been banned and crucified.

*smirks in knowing acknowledgement*

Around the Network
Azuren said:
It's a fucking smokescreen, people. Stop paying attention to this and start looking for things that are really important, like the Presidential Race or any of the stuff happening involving the middle east.

Media exaggerates all issues in the Middle East, and ignore actual issues.

Ever heard of the IDF? That's an actual issue. People think American policemen are bad, but the ones in Israel are much worse. Many are rude, violent, and basically use brutal force to do whatever they want.

Also, most people don't know much about the Syrian crisis. It's because the government was corrupt. People tried to fight back, but it resulted into Satan's backyard of hell.

Pakistan still doesn't have a law banning child marriage. Much more important than this stupid issue. 

Flint water crisis has an importance of 5/10. Concerning the governor, it's a 8/10. we can't have people like the governor of Flint making terrible choices like that without consequence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
mornelithe said:

I don't want to belittle anyone who's been raped, or been a victim of domestic violence, or anything like that, because it's most certainly not funny, and I'd imagine it's the most humiliating thing in the world to have to tell someone, admit to, or seek help over.  However, what I find strange is that during her secret deposition she had numerous chances to even give the slightest hint that there was something wrong, but she didn't.  I'm neither a lawyer or a psychologist or an expert on sexual abuse, but I would think (and this is really not proof of anything, these are just my thoughts) that the humiliating part is having to get the subject out in the open to someone, in the first place.  Once you're actually being deposed over such a thing...I dunno, just seems like she had the opportunity.  

Beyond that, there is no proof that it occurred, so the only thing a judge can do is go with what's there, and that's her deposition that it didn't happen.  If it did happen, I feel for her, but you can't blame the Judge, or Sony...as far as I can see they did nothing wrong.  And from her own admission the manager did nothing wrong either...

I wish the idiots who blindly support all rape "victim" claims go to a country such as Pakistan. You can easily get killed by a mob for a simple accusation.

Also, it's kind of strange. I mean, is it really that hard to say you've been raped? Forget your family, if you tell an authority, that'll benefit you.

Then again, I think some people exaggerate. I've experienced a clash with the IDF(Israeli Defense Force) that almost resulted into me dying. Would I wait years and make it harder for any sort of justice to come out of the crisis? No, I wouldn't. It's common sense. I chose to ignore the situation and move on. Though, it's not like I had much of a choice. I got a pepper spray bomb thrown at me. Nearly passed me out.

From everything I've heard regarding the subject yes, it can be absolutely devastating for someone to admit it.  There are several reasons why (again, this is what I've heard):

1) The 'Rape Kit' is a pretty humiliating procedure

2) Testimony requires you to basically recount the entire experience from start to finish, and if you're actually cross-examined by a defense lawyer, it's that much worse

There are other reasons that I'm probably not aware of, because I've never been a victim of sexual violence/rape, so while it seems incredulous to me to keep it to yourself (if for no other reason than you may be preventing it from happening to someone else), I've never been in that situation so I cannot even fathom the emotions that run through victims heads.

However, that in no way means I agree with suspending due process over rape charges.  You simply cannot convict just because an allegation has been made , AND there are numerous exmaples in the past few years, that lies have been told about being raped (UVA, Duke Lacrosse Team, Emma Sulkowicz), for a variety of reasons, and those are only the ones that gained nation/worldwide attention.  Many colleges are currently facing mass lawsuits over their handling of sexual assault allegations where students are being named/shamed and expelled without anything even remotely resembling due process (Defendants not being allowed representation, not being allowed to submit evidence, not being allowed to question their accuser, to name a few).

Remember when petitions were used for actual sensible causes?

spemanig said:
A petition... To boycott.

They need 200,000 signatures...

...to complete a petition...

...to act on a boycott.

This made me laugh a lot. Thank you for this

mornelithe said:
hershel_layton said:

I wish the idiots who blindly support all rape "victim" claims go to a country such as Pakistan. You can easily get killed by a mob for a simple accusation.

Also, it's kind of strange. I mean, is it really that hard to say you've been raped? Forget your family, if you tell an authority, that'll benefit you.

Then again, I think some people exaggerate. I've experienced a clash with the IDF(Israeli Defense Force) that almost resulted into me dying. Would I wait years and make it harder for any sort of justice to come out of the crisis? No, I wouldn't. It's common sense. I chose to ignore the situation and move on. Though, it's not like I had much of a choice. I got a pepper spray bomb thrown at me. Nearly passed me out.

From everything I've heard regarding the subject yes, it can be absolutely devastating for someone to admit it.  There are several reasons why (again, this is what I've heard):

1) The 'Rape Kit' is a pretty humiliating procedure

2) Testimony requires you to basically recount the entire experience from start to finish, and if you're actually cross-examined by a defense lawyer, it's that much worse

There are other reasons that I'm probably not aware of, because I've never been a victim of sexual violence/rape, so while it seems incredulous to me to keep it to yourself (if for no other reason than you may be preventing it from happening to someone else), I've never been in that situation so I cannot even fathom the emotions that run through victims heads.

However, that in no way means I agree with suspending due process over rape charges.  You simply cannot convict just because an allegation has been made , AND there are numerous exmaples in the past few years, that lies have been told about being raped (UVA, Duke Lacrosse Team, Emma Sulkowicz), for a variety of reasons, and those are only the ones that gained nation/worldwide attention.  Many colleges are currently facing mass lawsuits over their handling of sexual assault allegations where students are being named/shamed and expelled without anything even remotely resembling due process (Defendants not being allowed representation, not being allowed to submit evidence, not being allowed to question their accuser, to name a few).

Sigh

World is full of idiots i suppose. Never thought we'd have so much problems over this.