By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Petition to boycott Sony reaches over 200,000 signatures

fatslob-:O said:

You need signatures to do a boycott ? 

I don't get it either

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
I swear people are getting stupider as technology is getting better.

Ive been saying this since beginning of 2015.

It starts at 1:48 lol

hershel_layton said:

Also, aren't there reports saying she lied?

No one on the internet knows what happened. The real report is that she originally said that she wasn't sexually assaulted, and then later said that she was and that the prior declaration was a lie because she was afraid to say something.

spemanig said:
hershel_layton said:

No one on the internet knows what happened. The real report is that she originally said that she wasn't sexually assaulted, and then later said that she was and that the prior declaration was a lie because she was afraid to say something.

Women, always changing their word.
Imagine if someone proposed to Kesha.

2016: I do, I do agree!

(One year later at the day of her wedding)

2017: what? I never said i agreed!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
mornelithe said:

Well, if her previous sworn testimony is to be believed, she's lying now, or...she perjured herself in the past because he threatened her...or something.  Because, you know, when you're being deposed isn't a great time to notify authorities of intimidation or something.

Bottom line, she swore under oath it never happened.  So, the only proof for or against, of this incident is her saying it didn't happen.  Basically this petition amounts to cry bullies on twitter and their 'listen and believe' mantra, and anyone who thinks we should ditch due process for certain things, really needs to research what life was like before such laws came into effect, especially for women and minorities.

besides, it's too late. What evidence can we give?

Most people say things such as, "It's not easy to say you've been raped y'know". Yes, but don't you think they'd prefer to get help? If they actually wanted justice, wouldn't they go to a police department or something and try to put their rapist behind bars?

I don't want to belittle anyone who's been raped, or been a victim of domestic violence, or anything like that, because it's most certainly not funny, and I'd imagine it's the most humiliating thing in the world to have to tell someone, admit to, or seek help over.  However, what I find strange is that during her secret deposition she had numerous chances to even give the slightest hint that there was something wrong, but she didn't.  I'm neither a lawyer or a psychologist or an expert on sexual abuse, but I would think (and this is really not proof of anything, these are just my thoughts) that the humiliating part is having to get the subject out in the open to someone, in the first place.  Once you're actually being deposed over such a thing...I dunno, just seems like she had the opportunity.  

Beyond that, there is no proof that it occurred, so the only thing a judge can do is go with what's there, and that's her deposition that it didn't happen.  If it did happen, I feel for her, but you can't blame the Judge, or Sony...as far as I can see they did nothing wrong.  And from her own admission the manager did nothing wrong either...

Around the Network
Tbone said:
Lawlight said:
I swear people are getting stupider as technology is getting better.

Can you post the link? I cannot see the video on my tablet.

spemanig said:
hershel_layton said:

True, however, the courts must award great deference to under oath testimony.  It wasn't just that she said it, it was that she swore under oath during a secret deposition.  This is literally the only proof that exists in the matter, and she expected the allegation to be enough for an injuction in court.  Not sure what her lawyers were thinking, frankly.  Oh wait, I know, they like money.

Lawlight said:
Tbone said:

Can you post the link? I cannot see the video on my tablet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu5Oo23G67w

mornelithe said:
hershel_layton said:

besides, it's too late. What evidence can we give?

Most people say things such as, "It's not easy to say you've been raped y'know". Yes, but don't you think they'd prefer to get help? If they actually wanted justice, wouldn't they go to a police department or something and try to put their rapist behind bars?

I don't want to belittle anyone who's been raped, or been a victim of domestic violence, or anything like that, because it's most certainly not funny, and I'd imagine it's the most humiliating thing in the world to have to tell someone, admit to, or seek help over.  However, what I find strange is that during her secret deposition she had numerous chances to even give the slightest hint that there was something wrong, but she didn't.  I'm neither a lawyer or a psychologist or an expert on sexual abuse, but I would think (and this is really not proof of anything, these are just my thoughts) that the humiliating part is having to get the subject out in the open to someone, in the first place.  Once you're actually being deposed over such a thing...I dunno, just seems like she had the opportunity.  

Beyond that, there is no proof that it occurred, so the only thing a judge can do is go with what's there, and that's her deposition that it didn't happen.  If it did happen, I feel for her, but you can't blame the Judge, or Sony...as far as I can see they did nothing wrong.  And from her own admission the manager did nothing wrong either...

I wish the idiots who blindly support all rape "victim" claims go to a country such as Pakistan. You can easily get killed by a mob for a simple accusation.

Also, it's kind of strange. I mean, is it really that hard to say you've been raped? Forget your family, if you tell an authority, that'll benefit you.

Then again, I think some people exaggerate. I've experienced a clash with the IDF(Israeli Defense Force) that almost resulted into me dying. Would I wait years and make it harder for any sort of justice to come out of the crisis? No, I wouldn't. It's common sense. I chose to ignore the situation and move on. Though, it's not like I had much of a choice. I got a pepper spray bomb thrown at me. Nearly passed me out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:

Women, always changing their word.
Imagine if someone proposed to Kesha.

2016: I do, I do agree!

(One year later at the day of her wedding)

2017: what? I never said i agreed!

Are you being satirically sexist? I'm just figuring out whether to smirk in knowing acknowledgement at a clever joke or ignore this post.