By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Street Fighter V Fight Club

I finished survival on normal today on my first attempt, was surprised by easy I found it, I perfected m-bison on the last stage and necalli only hit me once on stage 29. I'd try hard but 60 fights is an awful lot of fights to go at. I'll stick at practicing and casual/ranked games for abit now. Still loving the game even when I get my assed kicked :)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
KManX89 said:
Ugh, I hate Survival mode. Yesterday, I made it all the way to stage 28 with Chun-Li badly needing health after taking a beating-completely understandable considering where I was, and it screws me over with a low health supplement. I go into stage 28 with about 1/8 of my health bar intact and, against insurmountable odds, I miraculously pull off the W, and keep in mind, stage 26 onwards is when it goes into God Mode AKA Block And Counter Everything Mode on Normal. So then, after dodging a bullet, it screws me over AGAIN by giving me ANOTHER low health bonus for all the sh** I had to deal with and I go into stage 29 with even LESS health than before (about 1/10 of my health meter) and get KOed easily by the CPU. I literally stood no chance.

Such BS. I believe I've EARNED a BIG, if not FULL health bonus for what I had to go through on stage 28. With FM on the line, I should be rewarded for pulling off such astounding upsets especially this late in the game. 30 stages is a betch to go through.

Yeah, the randomness of power ups is really odd. The first time I played on Normal it offered me full health fire the last 4 fights. The second time I played it I only got low health options for the last 5 fights. 

StokedUp said:
I finished survival on normal today on my first attempt, was surprised by easy I found it, I perfected m-bison on the last stage and necalli only hit me once on stage 29. I'd try hard but 60 fights is an awful lot of fights to go at. I'll stick at practicing and casual/ranked games for abit now. Still loving the game even when I get my assed kicked :)

How you getting on after your losses? Today my win ratio is really poor. It's like every one in playing is on God Mode lol

Fei-Hung said:

Yup, you go from one stage having 3 transitions to the rest having non. 

Those transitions add a nice layer so hopefully Capcom delivers.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Does anyone know if the matchmaking finds you players on a similar player level, xp level etc? I'm fighting people on level 23 that have almost 1000LP more than me

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
Does anyone know if the matchmaking finds you players on a similar player level, xp level etc? I'm fighting people on level 23 that have almost 1000LP more than me

First, my losses stopped after 6 lol, then I won 3 in a row and they were all against players much better than me (statistically) and secondly I thought it was supposed to pair you up against players similar to your own level, at least that's what this whole division thing was meant to mean (bronze, super bronze, ultra bronze and so on with silver, gold, platinum and diamond) but one of my wins was versus a Ultra bronze player while I was just bronze 994lp, I thought I was going to get my ass kicked but managed to beat him after losing the first round. I think it might be slightly broken at the moment or it probably finds the next closest player skill after a certain amount of time searching for an evenly matched opponent.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

StokedUp said:
Fei-Hung said:

First, my losses stopped after 6 lol, then I won 3 in a row and they were all against players much better than me (statistically) and secondly I thought it was supposed to pair you up against players similar to your own level, at least that's what this whole division thing was meant to mean (bronze, super bronze, ultra bronze and so on with silver, gold, platinum and diamond) but one of my wins was versus a Ultra bronze player while I was just bronze 994lp, I thought I was going to get my ass kicked but managed to beat him after losing the first round. I think it might be slightly broken at the moment or it probably finds the next closest player skill after a certain amount of time searching for an evenly matched opponent.

Pretty much what happened to me. Lost about 6-7 fights. Won 3. Lost another 2. Won one. 

Funny you say that about ultra bronze. Just fought a level 23 Ryu that was Ultra Bronze and I beat him. Then I retired for the moment so I can savor that victory. 

Fei-Hung said:

Matchmaking is Rank based, player levels would not make any sense since they have very little to do with skill. I'm not sure how MM exactly works but it seems fights with players having 3 Rank difference or more are extremely rare. For example, if you are Ultra Bronze you do not get matched with Rookie players anymore. However it seems higher Ranked players such as Ultra Gold and Platinum players still fight Silver Ranks quite often. One explanation could be that within the lower ranks the player pool is so much bigger that MM-system does not need to widen the search to 3 Rank difference but can find match relativily quickly. However in the higher ranks the player pool is so much smaller so it's not guaranteed at all to find close Ranking opponent without the players having to wait 5-10min. for every fight and thus the MM-system widens the search. Then there is also win-streak attribute which could be taken into account too, meaning you are most likely first matched against players with similar results in past fights if such an opponent can be found in a set time limit.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

WC4Life said:
Fei-Hung said:

Matchmaking is Rank based, player levels would not make any sense since they have very little to do with skill. I'm not sure how MM exactly works but it seems fights with players having 3 Rank difference or more are extremely rare. For example, if you are Ultra Bronze you do not get matched with Rookie players anymore. However it seems higher Ranked players such as Ultra Gold and Platinum players still fight Silver Ranks quite often. One explanation could be that within the lower ranks the player pool is so much bigger that MM-system does not need to widen the search to 3 Rank difference but can find match relativily quickly. However in the higher ranks the player pool is so much smaller so it's not guaranteed at all to find close Ranking opponent without the players having to wait 5-10min. for every fight and thus the MM-system widens the search. Then there is also win-streak attribute which could be taken into account too, meaning you are most likely first matched against players with similar results in past fights if such an opponent can be found in a set time limit.

I think I've limited who I can fight severely by setting it to only 4-5 connection strength. 

Played a few casual matches. One ranked match. I did decently. Can't really get used to some changes from SFIV. My new fighting controller is great with a lot of options but I can't pull of (i guess they're called) "Ultra" moves consistently, though I could with the regular PS4 controller.

I played normal Survival mode. I got about 25 fights in and got bored so i lost on purpose (on level 28). It was taking forever! Only reading this thread do I realize that was almost at the end!